Tri-criterion inverse portfolio optimization with application to socially responsible mutual funds
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- M. S. Feldstein, 1969. "Mean-Variance Analysis in the Theory of Liquidity Preference and Portfolio Selection," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 5-12.
- Derwall, Jeroen & Koedijk, Kees & Ter Horst, Jenke, 2011. "A tale of values-driven and profit-seeking social investors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 2137-2147, August.
- Hallerbach, Winfried & Ning, Haikun & Soppe, Aloy & Spronk, Jaap, 2004.
"A framework for managing a portfolio of socially responsible investments,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 517-529, March.
- Hallerbach, W.G.P.M. & Ning, H. & Soppe, A.B.M. & Spronk, J., 2002. "A Framework for Managing a Portfolio of Socially Responsible Investments," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-54-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Dorfleitner, Gregor & Utz, Sebastian, 2012.
"Safety first portfolio choice based on financial and sustainability returns,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 155-164.
- Dorfleitner, Gregor & Utz, Sebastian, 2011. "Safety first portfolio choice based on financial and sustainability returns," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 452, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- J. G. Kallberg & W. T. Ziemba, 1983. "Comparison of Alternative Utility Functions in Portfolio Selection Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(11), pages 1257-1276, November.
- Bierwag, G O, 1974. "The Rationale of the Mean-Standard Deviation Analysis: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 431-433, June.
- Bollen, Nicolas P. B., 2007. "Mutual Fund Attributes and Investor Behavior," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(03), pages 683-708, September.
- Renneboog, Luc & Ter Horst, Jenke & Zhang, Chendi, 2008. "Socially responsible investments: Institutional aspects, performance, and investor behavior," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1723-1742, September.
- Levy, Haim, 1974. "The Rationale of the Mean-Standard Deviation Analysis: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 434-441, June.
- James Tobin, 1969. "Comment on Borch and Feldstein," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 13-14.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1983. "A characterization of the distributions that imply mean--Variance utility functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 185-201, February.
- Tsiang, S C, 1972. "The Rationale of the Mean-Standard Deviation Analysis, Skewness Preference, and the Demand for Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 354-371, June.
- Bauer, Rob & Koedijk, Kees & Otten, Roger, 2005. "International evidence on ethical mutual fund performance and investment style," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1751-1767, July.
- N. Kreander & R.H. Gray & D.M. Power & C.D. Sinclair, 2005. "Evaluating the Performance of Ethical and Non-ethical Funds: A Matched Pair Analysis," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(7-8), pages 1465-1493.
- Ballestero, Enrique, 2001. "Stochastic goal programming: A mean-variance approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 131(3), pages 476-481, June.
- Abdelaziz, Fouad Ben & Aouni, Belaid & Fayedh, Rimeh El, 2007. "Multi-objective stochastic programming for portfolio selection," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(3), pages 1811-1823, March.
- Zakri Y. Bello, 2005. "Socially Responsible Investing And Portfolio Diversification," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 28(1), pages 41-57.
- Ballestero, Enrique & Bravo, Mila & Pérez-Gladish, Blanca & Arenas-Parra, Mar & Plà-Santamaria, David, 2012. "Socially Responsible Investment: A multicriteria approach to portfolio selection combining ethical and financial objectives," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 216(2), pages 487-494.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Utz, Sebastian & Wimmer, Maximilian & Steuer, Ralph E., 2015. "Tri-criterion modeling for constructing more-sustainable mutual funds," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(1), pages 331-338.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:244:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2132-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:assmgt:v:18:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_s41260-016-0011-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Cabello, J.M. & Ruiz, F. & Pérez-Gladish, B. & Méndez-Rodríguez, P., 2014. "Synthetic indicators of mutual funds’ environmental responsibility: An application of the Reference Point Method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 236(1), pages 313-325.
- García-Bernabeu, A. & Pla-Santamaria, D. & Bravo, M. & Pérez-Gladish, B., 2015. "La protección medioambiental como criterio en la selección de inversiones socialmente responsables: una aproximación multicriterio," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 0(Number 01).
- Bekiros, Stelios & Hernandez, Jose Arreola & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2015. "Multivariate dependence risk and portfolio optimization: An application to mining stock portfolios," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(P2), pages 1-11.
- Jano-Ito, Marco A. & Crawford-Brown, Douglas, 2017. "Investment decisions considering economic, environmental and social factors: An actors' perspective for the electricity sector of Mexico," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 92-106.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:5:p:485:d:70240 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nomeda Dobrovolskienė & Rima Tamošiūnienė, 2016. "Sustainability-Oriented Financial Resource Allocation in a Project Portfolio through Multi-Criteria Decision-Making," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-18, May.
- Calvo, Clara & Ivorra, Carlos & Liern, Vicente, 2015. "Finding socially responsible portfolios close to conventional ones," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 52-63.
- Gasser, Stephan M. & Rammerstorfer, Margarethe & Weinmayer, Karl, 2017. "Markowitz revisited: Social portfolio engineering," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(3), pages 1181-1190.
- Muñoz, Fernando, 2016. "Cash flow timing skills of socially responsible mutual fund investors," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 110-124.
- repec:eee:bracre:v:50:y:2018:i:4:p:379-401 is not listed on IDEAS
- Petrillo, Antonella & De Felice, Fabio & García-Melón, Mónica & Pérez-Gladish, Blanca, 2016. "Investing in socially responsible mutual funds: Proposal of non-financial ranking in Italian market," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 541-555.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:251:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-1900-y is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:finana:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:213-227 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:annopr:v:267:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2380-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:annopr:v:267:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-017-2698-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:269:y:2018:i:1:p:111-131 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSocially responsible investing; Inverse optimization; Portfolio selection; Multiple criteria optimization; Nondominated surfaces; Multiple criteria decision making;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:234:y:2014:i:2:p:491-498. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.