Joint statistical design of X¯ and s charts with combined double sampling and variable sampling interval
A combination of double sampling and variable sampling interval (DSVSI) charts can increase the efficiency of signaling small shifts. This study proposes joint DSVSI X¯ and s charts and investigates their statistical performance. The proposed approach uses a Markov chain approach to compute the statistical performance, and uses a statistical design model to design DSVSI X¯ and s charts for detecting the mean shift and variance increase. A comparison study shows that the DSVSI X¯ and s charts are better able to signal the shifts of both mean and variance than joint double sampling X¯ and s chart, adaptive X¯ and R charts, EWMA, and CUSUM charts.
Volume (Year): 225 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yu-Chang Lin & Chao-Yu Chou, 2011. "Robustness of the EWMA and the combined X¯ --EWMA control charts with variable sampling intervals to non-normality," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 553-570, November.
- Ou, Yanjing & Wu, Zhang & Goh, Thong Ngee, 2011. "A new SPRT chart for monitoring process mean and variance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 303-314, August.
- Wu, Zhang & Yang, Mei & Khoo, Michael B.C. & Yu, Fong-Jung, 2010. "Optimization designs and performance comparison of two CUSUM schemes for monitoring process shifts in mean and variance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 205(1), pages 136-150, August.
- Lin, Yu-Chang & Chou, Chao-Yu, 2007. "Non-normality and the variable parameters control charts," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(1), pages 361-373, January.
- Maravelakis, Petros E. & Castagliola, Philippe, 2009. "An EWMA chart for monitoring the process standard deviation when parameters are estimated," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 2653-2664, May.
- He, David & Grigoryan, Arsen, 2006. "Joint statistical design of double sampling and s charts," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 168(1), pages 122-142, January.
- Lee, Pei-Hsi & Torng, Chau-Chen & Liao, Li-Fang, 2012. "An economic design of combined double sampling and variable sampling interval X¯ control chart," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 102-106.
- Chi-Shuan Liu & Fang-Chih Tien, 2011. "A single-featured EWMA- X control chart for detecting shifts in process mean and standard deviation," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(11), pages 2575-2596, January.
- Torng, Chau-Chen & Lee, Pei-Hsi & Liao, Nai-Yi, 2009. "An economic-statistical design of double sampling control chart," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 495-500, August.
- Lee, Pei-Hsi, 2011. "Adaptive R charts with variable parameters," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(5), pages 2003-2010, May.
- Wu, Zhang & Yang, Mei & Jiang, Wei & Khoo, Michael B.C., 2008. "Optimization designs of the combined Shewhart-CUSUM control charts," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 496-506, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:225:y:2013:i:2:p:285-297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.