Using the Viable System Model (VSM) to structure information processing complexity in disaster response
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- (Noel) Bryson, Kweku-Muata & Millar, Harvey & Joseph, Anito & Mobolurin, Ayodele, 2002. "Using formal MS/OR modeling to support disaster recovery planning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 141(3), pages 679-688, September.
- Sendhil Mullainathan & Marianne Bertrand, 2001. "Do People Mean What They Say? Implications for Subjective Survey Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 67-72, May.
- Louise Comfort & Naim Kapucu, 2006. "Inter-organizational coordination in extreme events: The World Trade Center attacks, September 11, 2001," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 39(2), pages 309-327, October.
- Altay, Nezih & Green III, Walter G., 2006. "OR/MS research in disaster operations management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(1), pages 475-493, November.
- Tamura, Hiroyuki & Yamamoto, Kouji & Tomiyama, Shinji & Hatono, Itsuo, 2000. "Modeling and analysis of decision making problem for mitigating natural disaster risks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 461-468, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Torabi, S.A. & Mansouri, S.A., 2015. "Integrated business continuity and disaster recovery planning: Towards organizational resilienceAuthor-Name: Sahebjamnia, N," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 261-273.
- Wilson, Duncan T. & Hawe, Glenn I. & Coates, Graham & Crouch, Roger S., 2013. "A multi-objective combinatorial model of casualty processing in major incident response," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(3), pages 643-655.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:17:y:2015:i:4:d:10.1007_s10796-013-9475-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hart, Diane & Paucar-Caceres, Alberto, 2017. "A utilisation focussed and viable systems approach for evaluating technology supported learning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 259(2), pages 626-641.
- David Lowe & Louise Martingale & Mike Yearworth, 2016. "Guiding interventions in a multi-organisational context: combining the Viable System Model and Hierarchical Process Modelling for use as a Problem Structuring Method," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 67(12), pages 1481-1495, December.
- Espinosa, Angela & Reficco, Ezequiel & Martínez, Andrea & Guzmán, David, 2015. "A methodology for supporting strategy implementation based on the VSM: A case study in a Latin-American multi-national," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(1), pages 202-212.
- repec:spr:grdene:v:24:y:2015:i:3:d:10.1007_s10726-014-9398-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsViable system model; Information processing; Emergency response; Disaster; Problem structuring;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:224:y:2013:i:1:p:209-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.