Feasibility in reverse convex mixed-integer programming
In this paper we address the problem of the infeasibility of systems defined by reverse convex inequality constraints, where some or all of the variables are integer. In particular, we provide a polynomial algorithm that identifies a set of all constraints critical to feasibility (CF), that is constraints that may affect a feasibility status of the system after some perturbation of the right-hand sides. Furthermore, we will investigate properties of the irreducible infeasible sets and infeasibility sets, showing in particular that every irreducible infeasible set as well as infeasibility sets in the considered system, are subsets of the set CF of constraints critical to feasibility.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wiesława Obuchowska, 2010. "Minimal infeasible constraint sets in convex integer programs," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 423-433, March.
- Herbert E. Scarf, 1977. "An Observation on the Structure of Production Sets with Indivisibilities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 453, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Chakravarti, Nilotpal, 1994. "Some results concerning post-infeasibility analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 139-143, February.
- repec:spr:compst:v:72:y:2010:i:2:p:187-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- Obuchowska, Wieslawa T., 1998. "Infeasibility analysis for systems of quadratic convex inequalities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 107(3), pages 633-643, June.
- Caron, R. J. & Obuchowska, W., 1992. "Unboundedness of a convex quadratic function subject to concave and convex quadratic constraints," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 114-123, November.
- repec:spr:compst:v:65:y:2007:i:2:p:261-279 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:218:y:2012:i:1:p:58-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.