Fleet-sizing and service availability for a vehicle rental system via closed queueing networks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- S. C. Parikh, 1977. "On a Fleet Sizing and Allocation Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(9), pages 972-977, May.
- Hall, Randolph W. & Zhong, Hongsheng, 2002. "Decentralized inventory control policies for equipment management in a many-to-many network," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 849-865, December.
- Yafeng Du & Randolph Hall, 1997. "Fleet Sizing and Empty Equipment Redistribution for Center-Terminal Transportation Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(2), pages 145-157, February.
- Dong, Jing-Xin & Song, Dong-Ping, 2009. "Container fleet sizing and empty repositioning in liner shipping systems," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(6), pages 860-877, November.
- Song, Dong-Ping & Earl, Christopher F., 2008. "Optimal empty vehicle repositioning and fleet-sizing for two-depot service systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(2), pages 760-777, March.
- Kochel, Peter & Kunze, Sophie & Nielander, Ulf, 2003. "Optimal control of a distributed service system with moving resources: Application to the fleet sizing and allocation problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 443-459, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaspi, Mor & Raviv, Tal & Tzur, Michal & Galili, Hila, 2016. "Regulating vehicle sharing systems through parking reservation policies: Analysis and performance bounds," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 251(3), pages 969-987.
- Nourinejad, Mehdi & Zhu, Sirui & Bahrami, Sina & Roorda, Matthew J., 2015. "Vehicle relocation and staff rebalancing in one-way carsharing systems," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 98-113.
- Witschel, Julia & Souren, Rainer, 2014. "Kapazitätswirtschaftliche Analyse der Strukturelemente und Determinanten des Bikesharing," Ilmenauer Schriften zur Betriebswirtschaftslehre, Technische Universität Ilmenau, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre, volume 2, number 22014, April.
- Van der Heide, G. & Roodbergen, K.J., 2013. "Transshipment and rebalancing policies for library books," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 228(2), pages 447-456.
- Christine Fricker & Nicolas Gast, 2016. "Incentives and redistribution in homogeneous bike-sharing systems with stations of finite capacity," EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics, Springer;EURO - The Association of European Operational Research Societies, vol. 5(3), pages 261-291, August.
- Li, Xiaopeng & Ma, Jiaqi & Cui, Jianxun & Ghiasi, Amir & Zhou, Fang, 2016. "Design framework of large-scale one-way electric vehicle sharing systems: A continuum approximation model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 21-45.
- Boyacı, Burak & Zografos, Konstantinos G. & Geroliminis, Nikolas, 2015. "An optimization framework for the development of efficient one-way car-sharing systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(3), pages 718-733.
- Hu, Lu & Liu, Yang, 2016. "Joint design of parking capacities and fleet size for one-way station-based carsharing systems with road congestion constraints," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 93(PA), pages 268-299.
- Kallrath, J. & Klosterhalfen, S.T. & Walter, M. & Fischer, G. & Blackburn, R., 2017. "Payload-based fleet optimization for rail cars in the chemical industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 259(1), pages 113-129.
- Balsamo, Simonetta & Marin, Andrea, 2013. "Separable solutions for Markov processes in random environments," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(2), pages 391-403.
- Ariel Waserhole & Vincent Jost, 2016. "Pricing in vehicle sharing systems: optimization in queuing networks with product forms," EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics, Springer;EURO - The Association of European Operational Research Societies, vol. 5(3), pages 293-320, August.
- Schuijbroek, J. & Hampshire, R.C. & van Hoeve, W.-J., 2017. "Inventory rebalancing and vehicle routing in bike sharing systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(3), pages 992-1004.
More about this item
KeywordsTransportation Vehicle rental systems Queueing networks Fleet-sizing Availability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:211:y:2011:i:1:p:198-207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.