Inventory models with ramp type demand rate, partial backlogging and Weibull deterioration rate
In this paper, an inventory model with general ramp type demand rate, time dependent (Weibull) deterioration rate and partial backlogging of unsatisfied demand is considered. The model is studied under the following different replenishment policies: (a) starting with no shortages and (b) starting with shortages. The model is fairly general as the demand rate, up to the time point of its stabilization, is a general function of time. The backlogging rate is any non-increasing function of the waiting time up to the next replenishment. The optimal replenishment policy for the model is derived for both the above mentioned policies.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goyal, S. K. & Giri, B. C., 2001. "Recent trends in modeling of deteriorating inventory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 1-16, October.
- San José, L.A. & Sicilia, J. & Garcia-Laguna, J., 2006. "Analysis of an inventory system with exponential partial backordering," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 76-86, March.
- Deng, Peter Shaohua & Lin, Robert H.-J. & Chu, Peter, 2007. "A note on the inventory models for deteriorating items with ramp type demand rate," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(1), pages 112-120, April.
- Goyal, S.K., 1987. "Economic ordering policy for deteriorating items over an infinite time horizon," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 298-301, March.
- P. L. Abad, 1996. "Optimal Pricing and Lot-Sizing Under Conditions of Perishability and Partial Backordering," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(8), pages 1093-1104, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:192:y:2009:i:1:p:79-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.