A review of manufacturing flexibility
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald Gerwin, 1993. "Manufacturing Flexibility: A Strategic Perspective," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(4), pages 395-410, April.
- John E. Ettlie & Joan D. Penner-Hahn, 1994. "Flexibility Ratios and Manufacturing Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(11), pages 1444-1454, November.
- Paul M. Swamidass & William T. Newell, 1987. "Manufacturing Strategy, Environmental Uncertainty and Performance: A Path Analytic Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(4), pages 509-524, April.
- Mandelbaum, Marvin & Buzacott, John, 1990. "Flexibility and decision making," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 17-27, January.
- Carlsson, Bo, 1989. "Flexibility and the theory of the firm," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 179-203, June.
- Gupta, Yash P. & Goyal, Sameer, 1989. "Flexibility of manufacturing systems: Concepts and measurements," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 119-135, November.
- Abdel-Malek, Layek & Wolf, Carl, 1991. "Evaluating flexibility of alternative FMS designs -- A comparative measure," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-3), pages 3-10, October.
- Kulatilaka, Nalin & Marks, Stephen Gary, 1988. "The Strategic Value of Flexibility: Reducing the Ability to Compromise," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 574-80, June.
- Robb Dixon, J., 1992. "Measuring manufacturing flexibility: An empirical investigation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 131-143, July.
- Chandra, Pankaj & Tombak, Mihkel M., 1992. "Models for the evaluation of routing and machine flexibility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 156-165, July.
- Xavier de Groote, 1994. "The Flexibility of Production Processes: A General Framework," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(7), pages 933-945, July.
- Chen, IJ & Calantone, RJ & Chung, C-H, 1992. "The marketing-manufacturing interface and manufacturing flexibility," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 431-443, July.
- Gaimon, Cheryl & Singhal, Vinod, 1992. "Flexibility and the choice of manufacturing facilities under short product life cycles," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 211-223, July.
- Gupta, Yash P. & Somers, Toni M., 1992. "The measurement of manufacturing flexibility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 166-182, July.
- Bernardo, John J. & Mohamed, Zubair, 1992. "The measurement and use of operational flexibility in the loading of Flexible Manufacturing Systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 144-155, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:122:y:2000:i:1:p:41-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.