Income taxation with intergenerational mobility: Can higher inequality lead to less progression?
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dagobert L. Brito & Jonathan H. Hamilton & Steven M. Slutsky & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1990.
"Dynamic Optimal Income Taxation with Government Commitment,"
NBER Working Papers
3265, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brito, Dagobert L. & Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Slutsky, Steven M. & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1991. "Dynamic optimal income taxation with government commitment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 15-35, February.
- Brito, D.L. & Hamilton, J.H. & Slutsky, S.H. & Stiglitz, J.E., 1989. "Dynamic Optimal Income Taxation With Government Commitment," Papers 89-8, Florida - College of Business Administration.
- Varian, Hal R., 1980. "Redistributive taxation as social insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-68, August.
- Hamada, Koichi, 1974. "Income taxation and educational subsidy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 145-158, May.
- Efraim Sadka, 1976. "On Income Distribution, Incentive Effects and Optimal Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 261-267.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2001.
"Non-linear taxation of bequests, equal sharing rules and the tradeoff between intra- and inter-family inequalities,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 35-53, January.
- CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIEAU, Pierre, . "Non-linear taxation of bequests, equal sharing rules and the tradeoff between intra- and inter-family inequalities," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1495, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Solon, Gary, 1992. "Intergenerational Income Mobility in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Jonathan Eaton & Harvey S. Rosen, 1980. "Optimal Redistributive Taxation and Uncertainty," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(2), pages 357-364.
- Tuomala, Matti, 1986. "On the optimal income taxation and educational decisions," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 183-198, July.
- Altonji, Joseph G & Dunn, Thomas A, 1996. "The Effects of Family Characteristics on the Return to Education," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(4), pages 692-704, November.
- Piketty, Thomas, 2000. "Theories of persistent inequality and intergenerational mobility," Handbook of Income Distribution, in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 429-476 Elsevier.
- J. A. Mirrlees, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 175-208.
- Mark R. Rosenzweig & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 1994. "Are There Increasing Returns to the Intergenerational Production of Human Capital? Maternal Schooling and Child Intellectual Achievement," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(2), pages 670-693.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:49:y:2005:i:7:p:1915-1925. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.