Predicting binary outcomes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrews, Donald W.K., 1992. "Generic Uniform Convergence," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 241-257, June.
- Manski, Charles F. & Thompson, T. Scott, 1989. "Estimation of best predictors of binary response," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, pages 97-123.
- Manski, Charles F., 1985. "Semiparametric analysis of discrete response : Asymptotic properties of the maximum score estimator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 313-333, March.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1987. "Consistency in Nonlinear Econometric Models: A Generic Uniform Law of Large Numbers [On Unification of the Asymptotic Theory of Nonlinear Econometric Models]," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1465-1471, November.
- Lieli, Robert P. & Nieto-Barthaburu, Augusto, 2010. "Optimal Binary Prediction for Group Decision Making," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(2), pages 308-319.
- Boyes, William J. & Hoffman, Dennis L. & Low, Stuart A., 1989. "An econometric analysis of the bank credit scoring problem," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 3-14, January.
- Goffe, William L. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Rogers, John, 1994. "Global optimization of statistical functions with simulated annealing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 65-99.
- Horowitz, Joel L, 1992. "A Smoothed Maximum Score Estimator for the Binary Response Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(3), pages 505-531, May.
- Manski, Charles F., 1975. "Maximum score estimation of the stochastic utility model of choice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 205-228, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Drehmann, Mathias & Juselius, Mikael, 2014.
"Evaluating early warning indicators of banking crises: Satisfying policy requirements,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 759-780.
- Mathias Drehmann, 2013. "Evaluating early warning indicators of banking crises: Satisfying policy requirements," BIS Working Papers 421, Bank for International Settlements.
- Toru Kitagawa & Aleksey Tetenov, 2015.
"Who should be treated? Empirical welfare maximization methods for treatment choice,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP10/15, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Toru Kitagawa & Aleksey Tetenov, 2015. "Who should be Treated? Empirical Welfare Maximization Methods for Treatment Choice," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 402, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- André K. Anundsen & Karsten Gerdrup & Frank Hansen & Kasper Kragh‐Sørensen, 2016.
"Bubbles and Crises: The Role of House Prices and Credit,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(7), pages 1291-1311, November.
- André K. Anundsen & Frank Hansen & Karsten Gerdrup & Kasper Kragh-Sørensen, 2014. "Bubbles and crises: The role of house prices and credit," Working Paper 2014/14, Norges Bank.
- Nyberg, Henri & Pönkä, Harri, 2016.
"International sign predictability of stock returns: The role of the United States,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 323-338.
- Henri Nyberg & Harri Pönkä, 2015. "International Sign Predictability of Stock Returns: The Role of the United States," CREATES Research Papers 2015-20, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Travis J. Berge, 2015.
"Predicting Recessions with Leading Indicators: Model Averaging and Selection over the Business Cycle,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(6), pages 455-471, September.
- Travis J. Berge, 2013. "Predicting recessions with leading indicators: model averaging and selection over the business cycle," Research Working Paper RWP 13-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Knut Are Aastveit & André K. Anundsen & Eyo I. Herstad, 2017.
"Residential investment and recession predictability,"
No 8/2017, Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum economics (CAMP), BI Norwegian Business School.
- Knut Are Aastveit & André K. Anundsen & Eyo I. Herstad, 2017. "Residential investment and recession predictability," Working Paper 2017/24, Norges Bank.
- Graham Elliott & Allan Timmermann, 2016.
Princeton University Press,
edition 1, number 10740, June.
- Lahiri, Kajal & Yang, Liu, 2013. "Forecasting Binary Outcomes," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, Elsevier.
- Blaskowitz, Oliver & Herwartz, Helmut, 2011. "On economic evaluation of directional forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 1058-1065.
- Lieli, Robert P. & White, Halbert, 2010. "The construction of empirical credit scoring rules based on maximization principles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 110-119, July.
- Pönkä, Harri, 2016.
"Real oil prices and the international sign predictability of stock returns,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 79-87.
- Pönkä, Harri, 2015. "Real oil prices and the international sign predictability of stock returns," MPRA Paper 68330, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stanislav Anatolyev & Natalia Kryzhanovskaya, 2009. "Directional Prediction of Returns under Asymmetric Loss: Direct and Indirect Approaches," Working Papers w0136, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Martin Feldkircher & Thomas Gruber & Isabella Moder, 2014. "Using a Threshold Approach to Flag Vulnerabilities in CESEE Economies," Focus on European Economic Integration, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 3, pages 8-30.
- Òscar Jordà & Alan M. Taylor, 2011. "Performance Evaluation of Zero Net-Investment Strategies," NBER Working Papers 17150, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mathias Drehmann & Kostas Tsatsaronis, 2014. "The credit-to-GDP gap and countercyclical capital buffers: questions and answers," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Halbert White & Karim Chalak, 2008. "Identifying Structural Effects in Nonseparable Systems Using Covariates," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 734, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Travis J. Berge, 2014. "Forecasting Disconnected Exchange Rates," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(5), pages 713-735, August.
- Florios, Kostas & Skouras, Spyros, 2008. "Exact computation of max weighted score estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 86-91, September.
- Nyberg, Henri, 2011. "Forecasting the direction of the US stock market with dynamic binary probit models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 561-578, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:174:y:2013:i:1:p:15-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .