Bootstrap bias-adjusted GMM estimators
The ability of six alternative bootstrap methods to reduce the bias of GMM parameter estimates is examined in an instrumental variable framework using Monte Carlo analysis. Promising results were found for the two bootstrap estimators suggested in the paper.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Whitney Newey & Richard Smith, 2003.
"Higher order properties of GMM and generalised empirical likelihood estimators,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP04/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Whitney K. Newey & Richard J. Smith, 2004. "Higher Order Properties of Gmm and Generalized Empirical Likelihood Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(1), pages 219-255, 01.
- Hall, Peter & Horowitz, Joel L, 1996. "Bootstrap Critical Values for Tests Based on Generalized-Method-of-Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 891-916, July.
- Ramalho Joaquim J.S., 2005. "Small Sample Bias of Alternative Estimation Methods for Moment Condition Models: Monte Carlo Evidence for Covariance Structures," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Brown, Bryan W & Newey, Whitney K, 2002. "Generalized Method of Moments, Efficient Bootstrapping, and Improved Inference," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 507-17, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:92:y:2006:i:1:p:149-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.