Model averaging with covariates that are missing completely at random
Missing data is a common problem in economics studies. We propose using Mallows model averaging (MMA) to deal with this problem, which has an important advantage over its competitors in that it asymptotically achieves the lowest possible squared error. A simulation study in comparison with existing methods strongly favors the MMA estimator.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dardanoni, Valentino & Modica, Salvatore & Peracchi, Franco, 2011.
"Regression with imputed covariates: A generalized missing-indicator approach,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 162(2), pages 362-368, June.
- Valentino Dardanoni & Salvatore Modica & Franco Peracchi, 2011. "Regression with imputed covariates: A generalized missing-indicator approach," Post-Print peer-00815561, HAL.
- Valentino Dardanoni & Salvatore Modica & Franco Peracchi, 2011. "Regression with imputed covariates: A generalized missing-indicator approach," Post-Print hal-00815561, HAL.
- Valentino Dardanoni & Salvatore Modica & Franco Peracchi, 2009. "Regression with Imputed Covariates:a Generalized Missing Indicator Approach," CEIS Research Paper 150, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 08 Oct 2009.
- Schomaker, Michael & Wan, Alan T.K. & Heumann, Christian, 2010. "Frequentist Model Averaging with missing observations," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(12), pages 3336-3347, December.
- repec:taf:jnlbes:v:30:y:2012:i:1:p:132-142 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wan, Alan T.K. & Zhang, Xinyu & Zou, Guohua, 2010. "Least squares model averaging by Mallows criterion," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 156(2), pages 277-283, June.
- Bruce E. Hansen, 2007. "Least Squares Model Averaging," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(4), pages 1175-1189, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:121:y:2013:i:3:p:360-363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.