Foreign exchange risk in a managed float regime: A case study of Pakistani rupee
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zongrun Wang & Weitao Wu & Chao Chen & Yanju Zhou, 2010. "The exchange rate risk of Chinese yuan: Using VaR and ES based on extreme value theory," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 265-282.
- Rajan, Ramkishen, 2011.
"Management of Exchange Rate Regimes in Emerging Asia,"
ADBI Working Papers
322, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2011. "Management of Exchange Rate Regimes in Emerging Asia," Macroeconomics Working Papers 23214, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2011. "Management of Exchange Rate Regimes in Emerging Asia," Governance Working Papers 23214, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Peter Julian A Cayton & Dennis S Mapa & Mary Therese A Lising, 2010.
"Estimating Value At Risk Var Using Tivex Pot Models,"
Journal of Advanced Studies in Finance, ASERS Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 152-170.
- Mapa, Dennis S. & Cayton, Peter Julian & Lising, Mary Therese, 2009. "Estimating Value-at-Risk (VaR) using TiVEx-POT Models," MPRA Paper 25772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
"Fear of Floating,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 379-408.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000. "Fear of Floating," NBER Working Papers 7993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002. "Fear of floating," MPRA Paper 14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2001. "Fear of Floating: Exchange Rate Flexibility Indices," MPRA Paper 13196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- François Longin & Bruno Solnik, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, April.
- Ser-Huang Poon & Clive W.J. Granger, 2003. "Forecasting Volatility in Financial Markets: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(2), pages 478-539, June.
- Hans Genberg & Alexander K. Swoboda, 2005.
"Exchange Rate Regimes: Does What Countries Say Matter?,"
IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(si), pages 1-8.
- Hans Genberg & Alexander K. Swoboda, 2004. "Exchange-Rate Regimes: "Does What Countries Say Matter?"," IHEID Working Papers 07-2004, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Longin, Francois M, 1996. "The Asymptotic Distribution of Extreme Stock Market Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(3), pages 383-408, July.
- Chou, Ray Yeutien, 2005. "Forecasting Financial Volatilities with Extreme Values: The Conditional Autoregressive Range (CARR) Model," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(3), pages 561-582, June.
- Mussa, Michael, 1986. "Nominal exchange rate regimes and the behavior of real exchange rates: Evidence and implications," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 117-214, January.
- M. Ashraf Janjua, 2007. "Pakistan’s External Trade: Does Exchange Rate Misalignment Matter for Pakistan?," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 12(Special E), pages 126-152, September.
- Boothe, Paul & Glassman, Debra, 1987. "The statistical distribution of exchange rates: Empirical evidence and economic implications," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3-4), pages 297-319, May.
- McNeil, Alexander J., 1997. "Estimating the Tails of Loss Severity Distributions Using Extreme Value Theory," ASTIN Bulletin, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 117-137, May.
- de Jesús, Raúl & Ortiz, Edgar & Cabello, Alejandra, 2013. "Long run peso/dollar exchange rates and extreme value behavior: Value at Risk modeling," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 139-152.
- Chee Wooi Hooy & Hui Boon Tan & Annuar Md Nassir, 2004. "Risk Sensitivity of Bank Stocks in Malaysia: Empirical Evidence Across the Asian Financial Crisis," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 261-276, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Robert A. Jones & Christophe Pérignon, 2013. "Derivatives Clearing, Default Risk, and Insurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 80(2), pages 373-400, June.
- Tavlas, George & Dellas, Harris & Stockman, Alan C., 2008.
"The classification and performance of alternative exchange-rate systems,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 941-963, August.
- George Tavlas & Harris Dellas & Alan Stockman, 2008. "The Classification and Perfomance of Alternative Exchange-Rate Systems," Working Papers 90, Bank of Greece.
- Klein, Michael W. & Shambaugh, Jay C., 2008. "The dynamics of exchange rate regimes: Fixes, floats, and flips," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 70-92, May.
- Lahura, Erick & Vega, Marco, 2013.
"Regímenes cambiarios y desempeño macroeconómico: Una evaluación de la literatura,"
Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 26, pages 101-119.
- Lahura, Erick & Vega, Marco, 2013. "Regímenes Cambiarios y Desempeño Macroeconómico: Una Evaluación de la Literatura," Working Papers 2013-006, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Erick Lahura & Marco Vega, 2013. "Regímenes cambiarios y desempeño macroeconómico: una evaluación de la literatura," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2013-361, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Berens, Tobias & Weiß, Gregor N.F. & Wied, Dominik, 2015. "Testing for structural breaks in correlations: Does it improve Value-at-Risk forecasting?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 135-152.
- Geluk, J.L. & De Vries, C.G., 2006.
"Weighted sums of subexponential random variables and asymptotic dependence between returns on reinsurance equities,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 39-56, February.
- J.L. Geluk & C.G. de Vries, 2004. "Weighted Sums of Subexponential Random Variables and Asymptotic Dependence between Returns on Reinsurance Equities," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-102/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Geluk, J.L. & de Vries, C.G., 2004. "Weighted sums of subexponential random variables and asymptotic dependence between returns on reinsurance equities," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2004-47, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Minne, Geoffrey, 2014.
"Mark my words: Information and the fear of declaring an exchange rate regime,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 244-261.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Geoffrey Minne, 2011. "Mark my Words: Information and the Fear of Declaring one’s Exchange Rate Regime," Working Papers CEB 11-040, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Esaka, Taro, 2010. "De facto exchange rate regimes and currency crises: Are pegged regimes with capital account liberalization really more prone to speculative attacks?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1109-1128, June.
- Dubas, Justin M. & Lee, Byung-Joo & Mark, Nelson C., 2010. "A multinomial logit approach to exchange rate policy classification with an application to growth," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1438-1462, November.
- ROCKINGER, Michael & JONDEAU, Eric, 1999.
"The Tail Behavior of Stock Returns: Emerging versus Mature Markets,"
HEC Research Papers Series
668, HEC Paris.
- Jondeau, E. & Rockinger, M., 1999. "The Tail Behavior of Sotck Returns: Emerging Versus Mature Markets," Working papers 66, Banque de France.
- Huang, Wei & Liu, Qianqiu & Ghon Rhee, S. & Wu, Feng, 2012. "Extreme downside risk and expected stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1492-1502.
- Kumar, Dilip & Maheswaran, S., 2014. "A new approach to model and forecast volatility based on extreme value of asset prices," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 128-140.
- Manel Youssef & Lotfi Belkacem & Khaled Mokni, 2015. "Extreme Value Theory and long-memory-GARCH Framework: Application to Stock Market," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(8), pages 371-388, August.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003.
"The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 99-118, Fall.
- Guillermo Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003. "The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries," NBER Working Papers 9808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Frömmel, 2010.
"Volatility Regimes in Central and Eastern European Countries’ Exchange Rates,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 60(1), pages 2-21, February.
- Frömmel, Michael, 2006. "Volatility Regimes in Central and Eastern European Countries' Exchange Rates," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-333, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- M. Frömmel, 2007. "Volatility Regimes in Central and Eastern European Countries’ Exchange Rates," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 07/487, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Mahvash S Qureshi & Atish R. Ghosh & Charalambos G Tsangarides, 2011. "Words vs. Deeds; What Really Matters?," IMF Working Papers 2011/112, International Monetary Fund.
- Straetmans, Stefan & Chaudhry, Sajid M., 2015. "Tail risk and systemic risk of US and Eurozone financial institutions in the wake of the global financial crisis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 191-223.
- López-Espinosa, Germán & Moreno, Antonio & Rubia, Antonio & Valderrama, Laura, 2015.
"Systemic risk and asymmetric responses in the financial industry,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 471-485.
- Germán López-Espinosa & Antonio Rubia & Laura Valderrama & Antonio Moreno, 2012. "Systemic Risk and Asymmetric Responses in the Financial Industry," IMF Working Papers 2012/152, International Monetary Fund.
- de Vries, Casper G & Hartmann, Philipp & Straetmans, Stefan, 2004. "Fundamentals and Joint Currency Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 4338, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Muhammad Naveed TAHIR & Faran ALI & Dawood MAMOON, 2016.
"Appropriate Exchange Rate Regime for Economic Structure of Pakistan,"
Turkish Economic Review, KSP Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 629-641, December.
- Ali, Faran & Mamoon, Dawood & Tahir, Naveed, 2016. "Appropriate Exchange Rate Regime for economic structure of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 74975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsValue at Risk; Risk measure; GARCH; Extreme value theory; Back-testing;
All these keywords.
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists, Wikipedia, or ReplicationWiki pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:35:y:2013:i:c:p:409-417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.