A stochastic equilibrium model of internet pricing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Alok Gupta & Dale O. Stahl, 1996. "A Stochastic Equilibrium Model of Internet Pricing," CARE Working Papers 9604, The University of Texas at Austin, Center for Applied Research in Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stahl, Dale II, 1986. "Stochastic decentralization of competitive allocations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(2-3), pages 111-113.
- Naor, P, 1969. "The Regulation of Queue Size by Levying Tolls," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(1), pages 15-24, January.
- Hau Leung Lee & Morris A. Cohen, 1985. "Multi-Agent Customer Allocation in a Stochastic Service System," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(6), pages 752-763, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mandjes, Michel & Timmer, Judith, 2007. "A duopoly model with heterogeneous congestion-sensitive customers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(1), pages 445-467, January.
- Ravi Bapna & Paulo Goes & Alok Gupta, 2005. "Pricing and Allocation for Quality-Differentiated Online Services," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(7), pages 1141-1150, July.
- Seungjin Han, 2003. "An Efficient Mechanism for Differentiated Quality of Internet Service," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-05, McMaster University.
- Fan, Ming & Kumar, Subodha & Whinston, Andrew B., 2009. "Short-term and long-term competition between providers of shrink-wrap software and software as a service," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(2), pages 661-671, July.
- Arun Sundararajan, 2004. "Nonlinear Pricing of Information Goods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(12), pages 1660-1673, December.
- Panos Parpas & Berç Rustem, 2008. "A Pricing Mechanism for Resource Management in Grid Computing," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 31(4), pages 381-395, May.
- Mason, Robin, 2000. "Simple competitive Internet pricing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 1045-1056, May.
- Vernon N. Hsu & Susan H. Xu & Boris Jukic, 2009. "Optimal Scheduling and Incentive Compatible Pricing for a Service System with Quality of Service Guarantees," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 11(3), pages 375-396, May.
- Dale O. Stahl, 2002. "The Inefficiency of First and Second Price Auctions in Dynamic Stochastic Environments," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Cremer, Jacques & Hariton, Cyril, 1999. "The Pricing of Critical Applications in the Internet," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 281-310, December.
- Ioanna D. Constantiou & Nikolaos A. Mylonopoulos, 2002. "Towards Sustainable Quality Of Service In Interconnection," Game Theory and Information 0207004, EconWPA, revised 02 Sep 2002.
- Sanjay Jain & P. K. Kannan, 2002. "Pricing of Information Products on Online Servers: Issues, Models, and Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(9), pages 1123-1142, September.
- Arun Sundararajan, 2003. "Nonlinear pricing of information goods," Industrial Organization 0307003, EconWPA.
- Pau, L-F., 2003. "The business Challenges In Communicating, Mobile Or Otherwise," ERIM Inaugural Address Series Research in Management EIA-2002-14-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam..
- Gupta, Alok & Jukic, Boris & Li, Mingzhi & Stahl, Dale O. & Whinston, Andrew B., 2001. "Estimating Internet Users' Demand Characteristics," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 17(2-3), pages 203-218, June.
- Patrick Maillé & Bruno Tuffin, 2003. "The Progressive Second Price Mechanism in a Stochastic Environment," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 119-147, November.
- Friedman, Eric & Shor, Mikhael & Shenker, Scott & Sopher, Barry, 2004. "An experiment on learning with limited information: nonconvergence, experimentation cascades, and the advantage of being slow," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 325-352, May.
- Pau, L. -F., 2002. "The communications and information economy: issues, tariffs and economics research areas," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(9-10), pages 1651-1675, August.
- Ke-Wei Huang & Arun Sundararajan, 2006. "Pricing Digital Goods: Discontinuous Costs and Shared Infrastructure," Working Papers 06-11, NET Institute, revised Sep 2006.
- Gibbens, R. & Mason, R. & Steinberg, Richard, 2000. "Internet service classes under competition," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 23577, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:21:y:1997:i:4-5:p:697-722. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.