Measuring the return on household enterprise: What matters most for whom?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Duflo & Michael Kremer & Jonathan Robinson, 2008. "How High Are Rates of Return to Fertilizer? Evidence from Field Experiments in Kenya," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 482-488, May.
- Beaman, Lori & Dillon, Andrew, 2012. "Do household definitions matter in survey design? Results from a randomized survey experiment in Mali," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 124-135.
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David J. & Woodruff, Christopher, 2009. "Measuring microenterprise profits: Must we ask how the sausage is made?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 19-31, January.
- anonymous, 2000. "The brave new world of agriculture," EconSouth, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q3, pages 8-13.
- Dillon, Andrew & Bardasi, Elena & Beegle, Kathleen & Serneels, Pieter, 2012.
"Explaining variation in child labor statistics,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 136-147.
- Dillon, Andrew & Bardasi, Elena & Beegle, Kathleen & Serneels, Pieter, 2010. "Explaining Variation in Child Labor Statistics," IZA Discussion Papers 5156, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dillon, Andrew & Bardasi, Elena & Beegle, Kathleen & Serneels, Pieter, 2010. "Explaining variation in child labor statistics," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5414, The World Bank.
- David McKenzie & Christopher Woodruff, 2008. "Experimental Evidence on Returns to Capital and Access to Finance in Mexico," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 457-482, November.
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Firms, Contracts, and Financial Structure," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288817.
- Christopher Udry & Santosh Anagol, 2006. "The Return to Capital in Ghana," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 388-393, May.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1999. "The Microfinance Promise," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1569-1614, December.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V. & Duflo, Esther, 2005. "Growth Theory through the Lens of Development Economics," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 473-552 Elsevier.
- Anagol, Santosh & Udry, Christopher R., 2006. "The Return to Capital in Ghana," Center Discussion Papers 28417, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krislert Samphantharak & Robert M. Townsend, 2018.
"Risk and Return in Village Economies,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-40, February.
- Krislert Samphantharak & Robert Townsend, 2013. "Risk and Return in Village Economies," NBER Working Papers 19738, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krislert Samphantharak & Robert Townsend, 2016. "Risk and Return in Village Economies," PIER Discussion Papers 27., Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised May 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsReturn on assets; Household enterprise; Measurement; Income; Assets; Survey; Questionnaire design;
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:98:y:2012:i:1:p:58-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.