Expediting permanent placement from foster care systems: The role of family group decision-making
This research focused on the impact of Family Group Decision-Making on expediting youths' exits from the foster care system through family reunification, permanent placement with relatives, or adoption using a sample of youths (N=80,690) in foster care in the state of Texas. The results from a discrete-time survival analysis indicated that Family Group Conferences after removal increased the odds of achieving the desired outcome of placement with family (reunification with family or placement with relatives) compared to adoption. Results also indicated that, although Family Group Conferences after removal did not decrease time to permanency, neither did they significantly increase time to permanency.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sheets, Janess & Wittenstrom, Kim & Fong, Rowena & James, Joyce & Tecci, Michael & Baumann, Donald J. & Rodriguez, Carolyne, 2009. "Evidence-based practice in family group decision-making for Anglo, African American and Hispanic families," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1187-1191, November.
- Pennell, Joan & Edwards, Myles & Burford, Gale, 2010. "Expedited family group engagement and child permanency," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1012-1019, July.
- Baumann, Donald J. & Grigsby, Charles & Sheets, Janess & Reid, Grant & Graham, J. Christopher & Robinson, David & Holoubek, Jason & Farris, James & Jeffries, Victoria & Wang, Eugene, 2011. "Concept guided risk assessment: Promoting prediction and understanding," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1648-1657, September.
- Berzin, Stephanie Cosner, 2006. "Using sibling data to understand the impact of family group decision-making on child welfare outcomes," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 1449-1458, December.
- Weigensberg, Elizabeth C. & Barth, Richard P. & Guo, Shenyang, 2009. "Family group decision making: A propensity score analysis to evaluate child and family services at baseline and after 36-months," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 383-390, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev:v:34:y:2012:i:4:p:845-850. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.