Neighborhood effects on working mothers' child care arrangements
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hirshberg, Diane & Huang, Danny Shih-Cheng & Fuller, Bruce, 2005. "Which low-income parents select child-care?: Family demand and neighborhood organizations," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1119-1148, October.
- Sandra L. Hofferth & Douglas A. Wissoker, 1992. "Price, Quality, and Income in Child Care Choice," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(1), pages 70-111.
- Robert J. Lemke & Ann Dryden Witte & Magaly Queralt & Robert Witt, 2000. "Child Care and the Welfare to Work Transition," NBER Working Papers 7583, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susanna Loeb & Bruce Fuller & Sharon Lynn Kagan & Bidemi Carrol & Judith Carroll, 2003. "Child Care in Poor Communities: Early Learning Effects of Type, Quality, and Stability," NBER Working Papers 9954, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johansen, A-S & Leibowitz, A & Waite, L-J, 1996. "The Importance of Child-Care Characteristics to Choice of Care," Papers 96-21, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Mario Luis Small & Laura Stark, 2005. "Are Poor Neighborhoods Resource Deprived? A Case Study of Childcare Centers in New York," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 86(s1), pages 1013-1036.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ha, Yoonsook & Ybarra, Marci, 2014. "The role of parental immigration status in Latino families' child care selection," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(P3), pages 342-351.
- Liu, Meirong & Chen, Manrong & Anderson, Steven G., 2014. "Factors influencing child care-related maternal work exits," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 168-176.
More about this item
KeywordsWorking mothers; Child care arrangements; Neighborhood factors;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev:v:34:y:2012:i:4:p:740-747. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.