Kinship foster family type and placement discharge outcomes
Using a combination of survey and administrative data describing 453 public kinship foster family placements in Illinois, this study examines the relationship between kinship family type and the timing and disposition of children's placement discharge outcomes.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lisa Gennetian, 2005. "One or two parents? Half or step siblings? The effect of family structure on young children's achievement," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 415-436, 09.
- Donna Ginther & Robert Pollak, 2004. "Family structure and children’s educational outcomes: Blended families, stylized facts, and descriptive regressions," Demography, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 671-696, November.
- Le Prohn, Nicole S., 1994. "The role of the kinship foster parent: A comparison of the role conceptions of relative and non-relative foster parents," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 65-84.
- Iglehart, Alfreda P., 1994. "Kinship foster care: Placement, service, and outcome issues," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 107-122.
- Wells, Kathleen & Guo, Shenyang, 1999. "Reunification and reentry of foster children," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 273-294, April.
- Berrick, Jill Duerr & Barth, Richard P. & Needell, Barbara, 1994. "A comparison of kinship foster homes and foster family homes: Implications for kinship foster care as family preservation," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 33-63.
- Harris, Marian S. & Courtney, Mark E., 2003. "The interaction of race, ethnicity, and family structure with respect to the timing of family reunification," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5-6), pages 409-429.
- Courtney, Mark E. & Yin-Ling Irene Wong, 1996. "Comparing the timing of exits from substitute care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4-5), pages 307-334.
- Keller, Thomas E. & Wetherbee, Kathleen & Le Prohn, Nicole S. & Payne, Vincent & Sim, Kelly & Lamont, Elena R., 2001. "Competencies and problem behaviors of children in family foster care: variations by kinship placement status and race," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 915-940, December.
- Zinn, Andrew, 2010. "A typology of kinship foster families: Latent class and exploratory analyses of kinship family structure and household composition," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 325-337, March.
- Dolan, Melissa M. & Casanueva, Cecilia & Smith, Keith R. & Bradley, Robert H., 2009. "Parenting and the home environment provided by grandmothers of children in the child welfare system," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 784-796, July.
- Wulczyn, Fred, 2003. "Closing the gap: are changing exit patterns reducing the time African American children spend in foster care relative to Caucasian children?," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5-6), pages 431-462.
- Brooks, Devon & Barth, Richard P., 1998. "Characteristics and outcomes of drug-exposed and non drug-exposed children in kinship and non-relative foster care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 475-501, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:cysrev:v:34:y:2012:i:4:p:602-614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.