Likelihood inference in generalized linear mixed measurement error models
The generalized linear mixed models (GLMMs) for clustered data are studied when covariates are measured with error. The most conventional measurement error models are based on either linear mixed models (LMMs) or GLMMs. Even without the measurement error, the frequentist analysis of LMM, and particularly of GLMM, is computationally difficult. On the other hand, Bayesian analysis of LMM and GLMM is computationally convenient in both cases without and with the measurement error. Recent introduction of the method of data cloning has made frequentist analysis of mixed models also equally computationally convenient. As an application of data cloning, we conduct a frequentist analysis of GLMM with covariates subject to the measurement error model. The performance of the proposed approach which yields the maximum likelihood estimation is evaluated by two important real data types, Normal and logistic linear mixed measurement error models, and also through simulation studies.
Volume (Year): 57 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Torabi, Mahmoud, 2012. "Small area estimation using survey weights under a nested error linear regression model with structural measurement error," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 52-60.
- Torabi, Mahmoud & Shokoohi, Farhad, 2012. "Likelihood inference in small area estimation by combining time-series and cross-sectional data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 213-221.
- Hamilton, James D., 1986. "A standard error for the estimated state vector of a state-space model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 387-397, December.
- Lele, Subhash R. & Nadeem, Khurram & Schmuland, Byron, 2010. "Estimability and Likelihood Inference for Generalized Linear Mixed Models Using Data Cloning," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(492), pages 1617-1625.
- Mahmoud Torabi & Gauri S. Datta & J. N. K. Rao, 2009. "Empirical Bayes Estimation of Small Area Means under a Nested Error Linear Regression Model with Measurement Errors in the Covariates," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 36(2), pages 355-369.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:57:y:2013:i:1:p:549-557. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.