Accelerating the quadratic lower-bound algorithm via optimizing the shrinkage parameter
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mingfeng Wang & Masahiro Kuroda & Michio Sakakihara & Zhi Geng, 2008. "Acceleration of the EM algorithm using the vector epsilon algorithm," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 469-486, July.
- Dankmar Böhning & Bruce Lindsay, 1988. "Monotonicity of quadratic-approximation algorithms," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 40(4), pages 641-663, December.
- Ravi Varadhan & Christophe Roland, 2008. "Simple and Globally Convergent Methods for Accelerating the Convergence of Any EM Algorithm," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 35(2), pages 335-353.
- Dankmar Böhning, 1992. "Multinomial logistic regression algorithm," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 44(1), pages 197-200, March.
- Kuroda, Masahiro & Sakakihara, Michio, 2006. "Accelerating the convergence of the EM algorithm using the vector [epsilon] algorithm," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 1549-1561, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCox proportional hazards model; EM-type algorithms; Logistic regression; Newton–Raphson algorithm; Optimal QLB algorithm; QLB algorithm;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:56:y:2012:i:2:p:255-265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.