A weighted quantile regression for randomly truncated data
Quantile regression offers great flexibility in assessing covariate effects on the response. In this article, based on the weights proposed byÂ He and Yang (2003), we develop a new quantile regression approach for left truncated data. Our method leads to a simple algorithm that can be conveniently implemented with R software. It is shown that the proposed estimator is strongly consistent and asymptotically normal under appropriate conditions. We evaluate the finite sample performance of the proposed estimators through extensive simulation studies.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521496032 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521845731 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peng, Limin & Huang, Yijian, 2008. "Survival Analysis With Quantile Regression Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103, pages 637-649, June.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521608275 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lai, Tze Leung & Ying, Zhiliang, 1992. "Linear rank statistics in regression analysis with censored or truncated data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 13-45, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:55:y:2011:i:1:p:554-566. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.