Estimating residual variance in random forest regression
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Biau, Gérard & Devroye, Luc, 2010. "On the layered nearest neighbour estimate, the bagged nearest neighbour estimate and the random forest method in regression and classification," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(10), pages 2499-2518, November.
- Cahoy, Dexter O., 2010. "A bootstrap test for equality of variances," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(10), pages 2306-2316, October.
- Lin, Yi & Jeon, Yongho, 2006. "Random Forests and Adaptive Nearest Neighbors," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 578-590, June.
- Tiejun Tong & Yuedong Wang, 2005. "Estimating residual variance in nonparametric regression using least squares," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(4), pages 821-830, December.
- Shoemaker L.H., 2003. "Fixing the F Test for Equal Variances," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 57, pages 105-114, May.
- Spokoiny, Vladimir, 2002. "Variance Estimation for High-Dimensional Regression Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 111-133, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- V. Kohestani & M. Hassanlourad & A. Ardakani, 2015. "Evaluation of liquefaction potential based on CPT data using random forest," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 79(2), pages 1079-1089, November.
- Peter Hall & Joel L. Horowitz, 2013. "A simple bootstrap method for constructing nonparametric confidence bands for functions," CeMMAP working papers CWP29/13, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Peter Hall & Joel L. Horowitz, 2012. "A simple bootstrap method for constructing nonparametric confidence bands for functions," CeMMAP working papers CWP14/12, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsBootstrap Gender gap Greater male variability hypothesis Nonparametric regression Proximity measure Regression tree Sex differences;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:55:y:2011:i:11:p:2937-2950. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.