Accounting academia and the threat of the paying-off mentality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bertrand Malsch & Yves Gendron, 2013. "Re-Theorizing Change: Institutional Experimentation and the Struggle for Domination in the Field of Public Accounting," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(5), pages 870-899, July.
- Anthony Hopwood, 2008. "Changing Pressures on the Research Process: On Trying to Research in an Age when Curiosity is not Enough," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 87-96.
- Kornberger, Martin & Justesen, Lise & Mouritsen, Jan, 2011. "“When you make manager, we put a big mountain in front of you”: An ethnography of managers in a Big 4 Accounting Firm," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 514-533.
- Roberts, John, 2009. "No one is perfect: The limits of transparency and an ethic for 'intelligent' accountability," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 957-970, November.
- Yves Gendron, 2008. "Constituting the Academic Performer: The Spectre of Superficiality and Stagnation in Academia," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 97-127.
- Rihab Khalifa & Paolo Quattrone, 2008. "The Governance of Accounting Academia: Issues for a Debate," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 65-86.
- repec:bla:joares:v:6:y:1968:i:2:p:159-178 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeacle, Ingrid & Carter, Chris, 2011. "In TripAdvisor we trust: Rankings, calculative regimes and abstract systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 293-309.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:20:y:2009:i:8:p:896-909 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moizer, Peter, 2009. "Publishing in accounting journals: A fair game?," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 285-304, February.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:22:y:2011:i:4:p:434-450 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Lawrence D., 1996. "Influential accounting articles, individuals, Ph.D. granting institutions and faculties: A citational analysis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(7-8), pages 723-754.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:51:y:2018:i:c:p:4-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Palea, Vera, 2015. "Journal Rankings and the Sustainability of Diversity in Accounting Research," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201546, University of Turin.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:51:y:2018:i:c:p:24-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joaced:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:33-47 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:26:y:2015:i:c:p:117-129 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:1-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:59-73 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCritical; Accounting education; Journal rankings; Accounting research; Dissemination of research; Critique; Enseignement de la comptabilité; Crítica; Educación contable;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:crpeac:v:26:y:2015:i:c:p:168-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/critical-perspectives-on-accounting/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.