Experimental study on the effects of HP and LP EGR in an automotive turbocharged diesel engine
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hulwan, Dattatray Bapu & Joshi, Satishchandra V., 2011. "Performance, emission and combustion characteristic of a multicylinder DI diesel engine running on diesel–ethanol–biodiesel blends of high ethanol content," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 5042-5055.
- Ng, Jo-Han & Ng, Hoon Kiat & Gan, Suyin, 2012. "Characterisation of engine-out responses from a light-duty diesel engine fuelled with palm methyl ester (PME)," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 58-67.
- Wang, Hewu & Hao, Han & Li, Xihao & Zhang, Ke & Ouyang, Minggao, 2009. "Performance of Euro III common rail heavy duty diesel engine fueled with Gas to Liquid," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 2257-2261, October.
- Öner, Cengiz & Altun, Sehmus, 2009. "Biodiesel production from inedible animal tallow and an experimental investigation of its use as alternative fuel in a direct injection diesel engine," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 2114-2120, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asad, Usman & Zheng, Ming, 2014. "Exhaust gas recirculation for advanced diesel combustion cycles," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 242-252.
- Abbaszadehmosayebi, G. & Ganippa, Lionel, 2014. "Determination of specific heat ratio and error analysis for engine heat release calculations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 143-150.
- Park, Jungsoo & Song, Soonho & Lee, Kyo Seung, 2015. "Numerical investigation of a dual-loop EGR split strategy using a split index and multi-objective Pareto optimization," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 21-32.
- Zamboni, Giorgio & Moggia, Simone & Capobianco, Massimo, 2016. "Hybrid EGR and turbocharging systems control for low NOX and fuel consumption in an automotive diesel engine," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 839-848.
- Raptotasios, Spiridon I. & Sakellaridis, Nikolaos F. & Papagiannakis, Roussos G. & Hountalas, Dimitrios T., 2015. "Application of a multi-zone combustion model to investigate the NOx reduction potential of two-stroke marine diesel engines using EGR," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 814-823.
- Liu, Bolan & Zhang, Fujun & Zhao, Changlu & An, Xiaohui & Pei, Haijun, 2016. "A novel lambda-based EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) modulation method for a turbocharged diesel engine under transient operation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 521-530.
- Park, Jungsoo & Choi, Jungwook, 2016. "Optimization of dual-loop exhaust gas recirculation splitting for a light-duty diesel engine with model-based control," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 268-277.
- Zhu, Dengting & Zheng, Xinqian, 2018. "A new asymmetric twin-scroll turbine with two wastegates for energy improvements in diesel engines," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 223(C), pages 263-272.
- Shen, Zhaojie & Liu, Zhongchang & Tian, Jing & Liu, Jiangwei, 2014. "Investigation of in-cylinder gas stratification of diesel engine during intake and compression stroke," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 671-679.
- Zhu, Dengting & Zheng, Xinqian, 2019. "Fuel consumption and emission characteristics in asymmetric twin-scroll turbocharged diesel engine with two exhaust gas recirculation circuits," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 238(C), pages 985-995.
- Cornolti, L. & Onorati, A. & Cerri, T. & Montenegro, G. & Piscaglia, F., 2013. "1D simulation of a turbocharged Diesel engine with comparison of short and long EGR route solutions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 1-15.
- Zamboni, Giorgio & Malfettani, Stefano & André, Michel & Carraro, Chiara & Marelli, Silvia & Capobianco, Massimo, 2013. "Assessment of heavy-duty vehicle activities, fuel consumption and exhaust emissions in port areas," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 921-929.
- Molina, S. & García, A. & Pastor, J.M. & Belarte, E. & Balloul, I., 2015. "Operating range extension of RCCI combustion concept from low to full load in a heavy-duty engine," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 211-227.
- Zhu, Dengting & Zheng, Xinqian, 2017. "Asymmetric twin-scroll turbocharging in diesel engines for energy and emission improvement," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 702-714.
- Deng, Banglin & Yang, Jing & Zhang, Daming & Feng, Renhua & Fu, Jianqin & Liu, Jingping & Li, Ke & Liu, Xiaoqiang, 2013. "The challenges and strategies of butanol application in conventional engines: The sensitivity study of ignition and valve timing," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 248-260.
- Avola, Calogero & Copeland, Colin D. & Burke, Richard D. & Brace, Chris J., 2017. "Effect of inter-stage phenomena on the performance prediction of two-stage turbocharging systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 743-756.
- Yin, Lianhao & Turesson, Gabriel & Tunestål, Per & Johansson, Rolf, 2019. "Evaluation and transient control of an advanced multi-cylinder engine based on partially premixed combustion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 1015-1026.
- Park, Youngsoo & Bae, Choongsik, 2014. "Experimental study on the effects of high/low pressure EGR proportion in a passenger car diesel engine," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 308-316.
- Gonca, Guven & Sahin, Bahri & Parlak, Adnan & Ayhan, Vezir & Cesur, İdris & Koksal, Sakip, 2015. "Application of the Miller cycle and turbo charging into a diesel engine to improve performance and decrease NO emissions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P1), pages 795-800.
- Tauzia, Xavier & Maiboom, Alain, 2013. "Experimental study of an automotive Diesel engine efficiency when running under stoichiometric conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 116-124.
- XiangRong, Li & WeiHua, Zhao & HaoBu, Gao & FuShui, Liu, 2019. "Fuel and air mixing characteristics of wall-flow-guided combustion systems under a low excess air ratio condition in direct injection diesel engines," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 554-566.
- Giorgio Zamboni & Simone Moggia & Massimo Capobianco, 2017. "Effects of a Dual-Loop Exhaust Gas Recirculation System and Variable Nozzle Turbine Control on the Operating Parameters of an Automotive Diesel Engine," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Thangaraja, J. & Kannan, C., 2016. "Effect of exhaust gas recirculation on advanced diesel combustion and alternate fuels - A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 169-184.
- Gonca, Guven & Sahin, Bahri & Parlak, Adnan & Ayhan, Vezir & Cesur, Idris & Koksal, Sakip, 2017. "Investigation of the effects of the steam injection method (SIM) on the performance and emission formation of a turbocharged and Miller cycle diesel engine (MCDE)," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 926-937.
More about this item
KeywordsDiesel engine; Low pressure EGR circuit; Fuel consumption; NOx-soot trade-off; Variable nozzle turbine control; Combustion analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:94:y:2012:i:c:p:117-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.