Optimum design of CO2 storage and oil recovery under geological uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Leach, Andrew & Mason, Charles F. & Veld, Klaas van ‘t, 2011.
"Co-optimization of enhanced oil recovery and carbon sequestration,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 893-912.
- Andrew Leach & Charles F. Mason & Klaas van't Veld, 2009. "Co-optimization of Enhanced Oil Recovery and Carbon Sequestration," NBER Working Papers 15035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Han, Jinju & Lee, Minkyu & Lee, Wonsuk & Lee, Youngsoo & Sung, Wonmo, 2016. "Effect of gravity segregation on CO2 sequestration and oil production during CO2 flooding," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 85-91.
- Zhou, Wenji & Wang, Tao & Yu, Yadong & Chen, Dingjiang & Zhu, Bing, 2016. "Scenario analysis of CO2 emissions from China’s civil aviation industry through 2030," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 100-108.
- Sharma, Susan Sunila, 2011. "Determinants of carbon dioxide emissions: Empirical evidence from 69 countries," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 376-382, January.
- Wang, Zhiyu & Wang, Jinsheng & Lan, Christopher & He, Ian & Ko, Vivien & Ryan, David & Wigston, Andrew, 2016. "A study on the impact of SO2 on CO2 injectivity for CO2 storage in a Canadian saline aquifer," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 329-336.
- Tapia, John Frederick D. & Lee, Jui-Yuan & Ooi, Raymond E.H. & Foo, Dominic C.Y. & Tan, Raymond R., 2016. "Optimal CO2 allocation and scheduling in enhanced oil recovery (EOR) operations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 337-345.
- Jiang, Xi, 2011. "A review of physical modelling and numerical simulation of long-term geological storage of CO2," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 3557-3566.
- Gunter, W. D. & Wong, S. & Cheel, D. B. & Sjostrom, G., 1998. "Large CO2 Sinks: Their role in the mitigation of greenhouse gases from an international, national (Canadian) and provincial (Alberta) perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 209-227, December.
- Viebahn, Peter & Vallentin, Daniel & Höller, Samuel, 2014. "Prospects of carbon capture and storage (CCS) in India’s power sector – An integrated assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 62-75.
- Nimana, Balwinder & Canter, Christina & Kumar, Amit, 2015. "Energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions in the recovery and extraction of crude bitumen from Canada’s oil sands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 189-199.
- Kim, Youngmin & Jang, Hochang & Kim, Junggyun & Lee, Jeonghwan, 2017. "Prediction of storage efficiency on CO2 sequestration in deep saline aquifers using artificial neural network," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 916-928.
- Welkenhuysen, Kris & Rupert, Jort & Compernolle, Tine & Ramirez, Andrea & Swennen, Rudy & Piessens, Kris, 2017. "Considering economic and geological uncertainty in the simulation of realistic investment decisions for CO2-EOR projects in the North Sea," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 745-761.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Xiaowen & Liu, Helei & Liang, Zhiwu & Idem, Raphael & Tontiwachwuthikul, Paitoon & Jaber Al-Marri, Mohammed & Benamor, Abdelbaki, 2018. "Reducing energy consumption of CO2 desorption in CO2-loaded aqueous amine solution using Al2O3/HZSM-5 bifunctional catalysts," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 229(C), pages 562-576.
- Chen, Bailian & Pawar, Rajesh J., 2019. "Characterization of CO2 storage and enhanced oil recovery in residual oil zones," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 291-304.
- Ali Goudarzi & Seyyed A. Hosseini & Diana Sava & Jeanâ€ Philippe Nicot, 2018. "Simulation and 4D seismic studies of pressure management and CO2 plume control by means of brine extraction and monitoring at the Devine Test Site, South Texas, USA," Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 8(1), pages 185-204, February.
- Dai, Zhenxue & Zhang, Ye & Bielicki, Jeffrey & Amooie, Mohammad Amin & Zhang, Mingkan & Yang, Changbing & Zou, Youqin & Ampomah, William & Xiao, Ting & Jia, Wei & Middleton, Richard & Zhang, Wen & Sun, 2018. "Heterogeneity-assisted carbon dioxide storage in marine sediments," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 225(C), pages 876-883.
- Chen, Bailian & Harp, Dylan R. & Lin, Youzuo & Keating, Elizabeth H. & Pawar, Rajesh J., 2018. "Geologic CO2 sequestration monitoring design: A machine learning and uncertainty quantification based approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 225(C), pages 332-345.
- Wang, Xiao & van ’t Veld, Klaas & Marcy, Peter & Huzurbazar, Snehalata & Alvarado, Vladimir, 2018. "Economic co-optimization of oil recovery and CO2 sequestration," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 222(C), pages 132-147.
- Jiang, Jieyun & Rui, Zhenhua & Hazlett, Randy & Lu, Jun, 2019. "An integrated technical-economic model for evaluating CO2 enhanced oil recovery development," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 247(C), pages 190-211.
- Turgay Ertekin & Qian Sun, 2019. "Artificial Intelligence Applications in Reservoir Engineering: A Status Check," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(15), pages 1-22, July.
- Zhou, Xiang & Yuan, Qingwang & Rui, Zhenhua & Wang, Hanyi & Feng, Jianwei & Zhang, Liehui & Zeng, Fanhua, 2019. "Feasibility study of CO2 huff 'n' puff process to enhance heavy oil recovery via long core experiments," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 236(C), pages 526-539.
- Mohamad Reza Soltanian & Mohammad Amin Amooie & David Cole & David Graham & Susan Pfiffner & Tommy Phelps & Joachim Moortgat, 2018. "Transport of perfluorocarbon tracers in the Cranfield Geological Carbon Sequestration Project," Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 8(4), pages 650-671, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEnhance oil recovery; Co-optimization; Uncertainty; CO2 storage; Response surface method; Neural network;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:195:y:2017:i:c:p:80-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.