An economic perspective on the potential gains from improvements in irrigation water management
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Molden, D., 1997. "Accounting for water use and productivity," IWMI Books, Reports H021374, International Water Management Institute.
- Abrol, I. P., 1999. "Sustaining rice-wheat system productivity in the Indo-Gangetic plains: water management-related issues," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 31-35, March.
- Burke, S. & Mulligan, M. & Thornes, J. B., 1999. "Optimal irrigation efficiency for maximum plant productivity and minimum water loss," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(2-3), pages 377-391, May.
- Burton, M. A. & Kivumbi, D. & El-Askari, K., 1999. "Opportunities and constraints to improving irrigation water management: Foci for research," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 37-44, March.
- Kotb, Tarek H. S. & Watanabe, Tsugihiro & Ogino, Yoshihiko & Tanji, Kenneth K., 2000. "Soil salinization in the Nile Delta and related policy issues in Egypt," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 239-261, March.
- Van Tuijl, W., 1993. "Improving Water Use in Agriculture; Experiences in the Middle East and North Africa," Papers 201, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Walker, S. H., 1999. "Causes of high water losses from irrigated rice fields: field measurements and results from analogue and digital models," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 123-127, March.
- Carter, Richard & Kay, Melvyn & Weatherhead, Keith, 1999. "Water losses in smallholder irrigation schemes," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 15-24, March.
- Wichelns, Dennis & Houston, Laurie & Cone, David, 1997. "Economic analysis of sprinkler and siphon tube irrigation systems, with implications for public policies," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 259-273, March.
- Seckler, D., 1996. "The new era of water resources management: from \dry\ to \wet\ water savings," IWMI Research Reports H018206, International Water Management Institute.
- Molden, D. J. & Sakthivadivel, R. & Perry, C. J. & de Fraiture, C. & Kloezen, W. H., 1998. "Indicators for comparing performance of irrigated agricultural systems," IWMI Research Reports H022308, International Water Management Institute.
- Perry, C. J. & Rock, M. & Seckler, D., 1997. "Water as an economic good: a solution, or a problem ?," IWMI Research Reports H021492, International Water Management Institute.
- Perry, C. J., 1999. "The IWMI water resources paradigm - definitions and implications," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 45-50, March.
- Guerra, L. C. & Bhuiyan, S. I. & Tuong, T. P. & Barker, R., 1998. "Producing more rice with less water from irrigated systems," IWMI Books, Reports H023175, International Water Management Institute.
- Sharma, B. R., 1999. "Regional salt- and water-balance modelling for sustainable irrigated agriculture," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 129-134, March.
- Allan, Tony, 1999. "Productive efficiency and allocative efficiency: why better water management may not solve the problem," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 71-75, March.
- Molden, David J., 1997. "Accounting for water use and productivity," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 113623.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:52:y:2002:i:3:p:233-248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.