Estimating random effects production function models with selectivity bias: an application to Swedish crop producers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Heshmati, Almas, 1994. "Estimating random effects production function models with selectivity bias: an application to Swedish crop producers," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(2-3), December.
References listed on IDEAS
- G. S. Maddala, 1987. "Limited Dependent Variable Models Using Panel Data," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 22(3), pages 307-338.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Little, Roderick J A, 1985. "A Note about Models for Selectivity Bias," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1469-1474, November.
- Zabel, Jeffrey E., 1992. "Estimating fixed and random effects models with selectivity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 269-272, November.
- Nijman, Theo & Verbeek, Marno & van Soest, Arthur, 1991.
"The efficiency of rotating-panel designs in an analysis-of-variance model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 373-399, September.
- Nijman, T.E. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1991. "The efficiency of rotating panel designs in an analysis of variance model," Other publications TiSEM 9cbb61cc-762f-4ab2-84f6-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Olsen, Randall J, 1982. "Distributional Tests for Selectivity Bias and a More Robust Likelihood Estimator," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(1), pages 223-240, February.
- Greene, William H, 1981. "Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error: Comment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 795-798, May.
- Biorn, Erik & Jansen, Eilev S, 1983. " Individual Effects in a System of Demand Functions," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(4), pages 461-483.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Raj, Baldev, 1992. "A Survey of Recent Theoretical Developments in the Econometrics of Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 85-109.
- Verbeek, Marno, 1990. "On the estimation of a fixed effects model with selectivity bias," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 267-270, November.
- Biorn, Erik, 1981. "Estimating economic relations from incomplete cross-section/time-series data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 221-236, June.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1988. "A Generalized Error Component Model with Heteroscedastic Disturbances," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(4), pages 745-753, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vangelis Tzouvelekas & Peter Midmore & Konstantinos Giannakas & Konstantinos Mattas, 1999.
"Decomposition of Olive Oil Production Growth into Productivity and Size Effects : A Frontier Production Function Approach,"
Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales,
INRA Department of Economics, vol. 51, pages 5-21.
- Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Giannakas, Konstantinos & Midmore, Peter & Mattas, Konstantinos, 1999. "Decomposition of Olive Oil Production Growth into Productivity and Size Effects : A Frontier Production Function Approach," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 51.
- Vangelis Tzouvelekas & Konstantinos Giannakas & Peter Midmore & Konstantinos Mattas, 1999. "Decomposition of Olive Oil Production Growth into Productivity and Size Effects : A Frontier Production Function Approach," Post-Print hal-01200949, HAL.
- Tzouvelekas, Evaggelos, 2000. "Approximation Properties and Estimation of the Translog Production Function with Panel Data," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 1(1), January.
- Almas Heshmati & Mkhululi Ncube, 2004. "An Econometric Model Of Employment In Zimbabwe¡¯S Manufacturing Industries," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 29(2), pages 107-130, December.
- Almas Heshmati & Ilham Haouas, 2011. "Employment Efficiency and Production Risk in the Tunisian Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 602, Economic Research Forum, revised 07 Jan 2011.
- Heshmati, Almas & Ncube, Mkhululi, 1998. "An Econometric Model of Employment in Zimbabwe's Manufacturing Industries," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 277, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 15 Aug 2003.
- Almas Heshmati & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 1997. "Estimation Of Technical Efficiency In Swedish Crop Farms: A Pseudo Panel Data Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 22-37.
- Vavra, Pavel & Colman, David, 2003. "The analysis of UK crop allocation at the farm level: implications for supply response analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 697-713, May.
- Anjana Bhattacharyya & Arunava Bhattacharyya & Krishna Mitra, 1997. "Decomposition of Technological Change and Factor Bias in Indian Power Sector: An Unbalanced Panel Data Approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 35-52, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:11:y:1994:i:2-3:p:171-189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.