Regulating audit quality: Restoring trust and legitimacy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bedard, Jean, 2001. "The disciplinary process of the accounting profession: protecting the public or the profession? The Quebec experience," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4-5), pages 399-437.
- Cooper, David J. & Robson, Keith, 2006. "Accounting, professions and regulation: Locating the sites of professionalization," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(4-5), pages 415-444.
- Power, Michael, 2007. "Business risk auditing - Debating the history of its present," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(4-5), pages 379-382.
- Mahbub Zaman & Mohammed Hudaib & Roszaini Haniffa, 2011. "Corporate Governance Quality, Audit Fees and Non-Audit Services Fees," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1-2), pages 165-197, January.
- Knechel, W. Robert, 2007. "The business risk audit: Origins, obstacles and opportunities," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(4-5), pages 383-408.
- Bedard, Jean, 1989. "Expertise in auditing: Myth or reality?," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 113-131, January.
- Brenda Van Tendeloo & Ann Vanstraelen, 2008.
"Earnings Management and Audit Quality in Europe: Evidence from the Private Client Segment Market,"
European Accounting Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 447-469.
- VAN TENDELOO, Brenda & VANSTRAELEN, Ann, 2005. "Earnings management and audit quality in Europe: Evidence from the private client segment market," Working Papers 2005012, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Peecher, Mark E. & Schwartz, Rachel & Solomon, Ira, 2007. "It's all about audit quality: Perspectives on strategic-systems auditing," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(4-5), pages 463-485.
- Preston, Alistair M. & Cooper, David J. & Scarbrough, D. Paul & Chilton, Robert C., 1995. "Changes in the code of ethics of the U.S. accounting profession, 1917 and 1988: The continual quest for legitimation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 507-546, August.
- Parker, Lee D., 1994. "Professional accounting body ethics: In search of the private interest," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 507-525, August.
- Sikka, Prem, 2009. "Financial crisis and the silence of the auditors," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 868-873, August.
- Grey, C., 1998. "On being a professional in a "Big Six" firm," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 569-587.
- George Georgiou, 2004. "Corporate Lobbying on Accounting Standards: Methods, Timing and Perceived Effectiveness," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 40(2), pages 219-237.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saori Matsubara & Takahiro Endo, 2016. "The Role of Local Accounting Standard Setters in Institutional Complexity: 'Explosion' of Local Standards in Japan," Discussion Paper Series DP2016-35, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
More about this item
KeywordsAudit quality; Regulation; Audit firms; Impression management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:accfor:v:36:y:2012:i:1:p:51-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/accounting-forum .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.