Inflation and Social Consensus in the Seventies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1982.
"The Matching Process as a Noncooperative Bargaining Game,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Information and Uncertainty, pages 233-258
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1979. "The Matching Process as a Non-Cooperative/Bargaining Game," Discussion Papers 384, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- William H. Branson & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1991.
"International Adjustment with Wage Rigidity,"
NBER Chapters,in: International Volatility and Economic Growth: The First Ten Years of The International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 13-44
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Branson, William H. & Rotemberg, Julio J., 1980. "International adjustment with wage rigidity," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 309-332, May.
- William H. Branson & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1981. "International adjustment with wage rigidity," NBER Chapters,in: International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 309-332 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1972. "The Worldwide Wage Explosion," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 3(2), pages 431-466.
- Hashimoto, Masanori, 1979. "Bonus Payments, on-the-Job Training, and Lifetime Employment in Japan," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 1086-1104, October.
- Barro, Robert J., 1977. "Long-term contracting, sticky prices, and monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 305-316, July.
- Gordon, Donald F, 1974. "A Neo-Classical Theory of Keynesian Unemployment," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(4), pages 431-459, December.
- Gray, Jo Anna, 1978. "On Indexation and Contract Length," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(1), pages 1-18, February.
- James L. Medoff & Katharine G. Abraham, 1980. "Experience, Performance, and Earnings," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(4), pages 703-736.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-1284, December.
- George A. Akerlof, 1980.
"A Theory of Social Custom, of which Unemployment may be One Consequence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 94(4), pages 749-775.
- George A. Akerlof, 1978. "A theory of social custom, of which unemployment may be one consequence," Special Studies Papers 118, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H., 1977. "Stabilization of the domestic and international economy," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 1-6, January.
- Robert E. Cole, 1972. "Permanent Employment in Japan: Facts and Fantasies," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 26(1), pages 615-630, October.
- George L. Perry, 1975. "Determinants of Wage Inflation Around the World," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 6(2), pages 403-448.
- Frye, Jon & Gordon, Robert J, 1981.
"Government Intervention in the Inflation Process: The Econometrics of "Self-Inflicted Wounds","
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 288-294, May.
- Jon Frye & Robert J. Gordon, 1980. "Government Intervention in the Inflation Process: The Econometrics of "Self-Inflicted Wounds"," NBER Working Papers 0550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Neil Baily, 1974. "Wages and Employment under Uncertain Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 37-50.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1975. "Implicit Contracts and Underemployment Equilibria," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(6), pages 1183-1202, December.
- Grossman, Herschel I, 1977. " Risk Shifting and Reliability in Labor Markets," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(2), pages 187-209.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fortin, Pierre, 1988. "La persistance du chômage : synthèse," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 64(4), pages 545-558, décembre.
- Kåre Johansen & Ørjan Mydland & Bjarne Strøm, 2007.
"Politics in wage setting: does government colour matter?,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 95-109, February.
- Kåre Johansen & Ørjan Mydland & Bjarne Strøm, 2006. "Politics in Wage setting: Does government colour matter?," Working Paper Series 6506, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- repec:clr:wugarc:y:1993:v:19i:4p:423 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aidt, T.S. & Tzannatos, Z., 2005. "The Cost and Benefits of Collective Bargaining," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0541, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Antonella Stirati, 2001. "Inflation, Unemployment and Hysteresis: An alternative view," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 427-451.
- Kenworthy, Lane, 2000. "Quantitative indicators of corporatism: A survey and assessment," MPIfG Discussion Paper 00/4, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Oswald Andrew J., 1996. "A Conjecture on the Explanation for High Unemployment in the Industrialized Nations : Part I," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 475, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Eichhorst, Werner & Feil, Michael & Braun, Christoph, 2008.
"What have we learned? Assessing labor market institutions and indicators,"
IAB Discussion Paper
200822, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Eichhorst, Werner & Feil, Michael & Braun, Christoph, 2008. "What Have We Learned? Assessing Labor Market Institutions and Indicators," IZA Discussion Papers 3470, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lorenzo Forni, 2004. "Centralization of wage bargaining and the unemployment rate: revisiting the hump-shape hypothesis," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 492, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Mulder, C B, 1993.
"Wage-Moderating Effects of Corporatism: Decentralized versus Centralized Wage Setting in a Union, Firm, Government Context,"
The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies,
University of Manchester, vol. 61(3), pages 287-301, September.
- Mulder, C.B., 1988. "Wage moderating effects of corporatism : Decentralized versus centralized wage setting in a union, firm, government context," Research Memorandum FEW 316, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Petrakis, Emmanuel & Vlassis, Minas, 2003. "Minimum wages in national and internationally integrated economies," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 257-265, April.
- Karl Ove Moene & Michael Wallerstein, 1993. "The Economic Performance of Different Bargaining Institutions," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 19(4), pages 423-450.
- Panic, M., 1997. "The end of the nation state?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 29-44, March.
- D'Acunto Salvatore, 2003. "Efficienza microeconomica versus efficienza "sistemica"? Note in margine al Libro Bianco del Ministero del Lavoro," Stato e mercato, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 287-312.
- Louis Phaneuf, 1992. "Contrats de salaire, anticipations d'équilibre et persistance du chômage," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 43(3), pages 445-458.
- Cusack, Thomas R., 1995. "Politics and macroeconomic performance in the OECD countries," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Economic Change and Employment FS I 95-315, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1989. "Social Conflict and Populist Policies in Latin America," NBER Working Papers 2897, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mulder, C.B., 1989. "Efficient and inefficient institutional arrangements between governments and trade unions : An explanation of high unemployment, corporatism and union fashing," Research Memorandum FEW 375, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Charles R. Bean, 1987. "Salaires, demande et chômage : une perspective internationale," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 38(3), pages 601-624.
- John McCallum & André Blais, 1987. "Government, special interest groups, and economic growth," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 3-18, January.
- Céline Choulet, 2004. "Public employment and labour market performance : centralization wage setting effects," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques v04036, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Petrakis, Emmanuel & Vlassis, Minas, 2005. "The endogenous national minimum wage institution," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 747-762, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:93:y:1983:i:372:p:784-805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.