Municipality amalgamation in Japan: an examination using event history analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Katsuyoshi Nakazawa & Tomohisa Miyashita, 2013. "Municipality amalgamation in Japan: an examination using event history analysis," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201337, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
References listed on IDEAS
- Liner, Gaines H, 1994. "Institutional Constraints, Annexation and Municipal Efficiency in the 1960s," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 79(3-4), pages 305-323, June.
- Reingewertz, Yaniv, 2012. "Do municipal amalgamations work? Evidence from municipalities in Israel," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 240-251.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hirota, Haruaki & Yunoue, Hideo, 2017.
"Evaluation of the fiscal effect on municipal mergers: Quasi-experimental evidence from Japanese municipal data,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 132-149.
- Hirota, Haruaki & Yunoue, Hideo, 2016. "Evaluation of the fiscal effect on municipal mergers: Quasi-experimental evidence from Japanese municipal data," MPRA Paper 68890, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saito, Hitoshi & Hirota, Haruaki & Yunoue, Hideo & Miyaki, Miki, 2017. "Does municipal mergers internalize spatial spillover effects? Empirical evidence from Japanese municipalities," MPRA Paper 76833, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsAmalgamation; Event history analysis; Discrete-time logistic model; Inter-governmental grant; Japan;
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- R5 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-13-00692. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.