Public Investment Rules and Indeterminacy
This paper examines the rise of indeterminacy when public investment fiscal rules are implemented. The framework employed by our analysis is the standard endogenous growth model with productive public capital. The government can choose to invest in infrastructure according to two different rules; one by simply indexing investment to a fixed proportion of output and another by indexing to taxes. For both scenarios we examine the existence of global and local indeterminacy and state the differences in dynamics of the two cases
Volume (Year): 32 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Theodore Palivos & Chong K. Yip & Junxi Zhang, 2003.
"Transitional Dynamics and Indeterminacy of Equilibria in an Endogenous Growth Model with a Public Input,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 86-98, February.
- Chong K. Yip & Junxi, Zhang, 1994. "Transitional Dynamics and Indeterminacy of Equilibria in an Endogenous Growth Model with Public Input," Departmental Working Papers _050, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Theodore Palivos & Chong K. Yip & Junxi Zhang, 2000. "Transitional Dynamics and Indeterminacy of Equilibria is an Endogenous Growth Model with a Public Input," Departmental Working Papers _128, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Futagami, Koichi & Morita, Yuichi & Shibata, Akihisa, 1993. " Dynamic Analysis of an Endogenous Growth Model with Public Capital," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 607-25, December.
- Jan-Egbert Sturm & Gerard H. Kuper & Jakob de Haan,, 1996. "Modelling government investment and economic growth at the macro level: A review," Working Papers 29, Centre for Economic Research, University of Groningen and University of Twente.
- Ghosh, Sugata & Mourmouras, Iannis A., 2004. "Endogenous growth, welfare and budgetary regimes," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 623-635, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-11-00563. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.