Service offshoring and productivity in Western Europe
Using comparable data for nine Western European countries, this paper finds that service offshoring exerts positive and economically large effects on domestic productivity. A one percentage point increase in service offshoring is found to raise Total Factor Productivity by 0.5-0.6 percent.
Volume (Year): 6 (2008)
Issue (Month): 35 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Other versions of this item:
- Rosario Crinò, 2008. "Service Offshoring and Productivity in Western Europe," KITeS Working Papers 220, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jul 2008.
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- Jan Hagemejer, 2016. "Exports and growth in the New Member States. The role of global value chains," Working Papers 2016-24, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Rosario Crinò, 2012.
"Service Offshoring and the Skill Composition of Labour Demand,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 74(1), pages 20-57, 02.
- Rosario Crinò, 2010. "Service Offshoring and the Skill Composition of Labor Demand," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 802.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Bernhard Michel & François Rycx, 2014. "Productivity Gains and Spillovers from Offshoring," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 73-85, 02.
- Michel, Bernhard & Rycx, Francois, 2011. "Productivity Gains and Spillovers from Offshoring," IZA Discussion Papers 5768, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Klaus-Bernhard Michel & François Rycx, 2011. "Productivity gains and spillovers from offshoring," Working Papers CEB 11-018, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bernhard Michel & François Rycx, 2011. "Productivity gains and spillovers from offshoring," DULBEA Working Papers 11-07, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Rosario Crinò, "undated". "Service Offshoring and White-Collar Employment," Working Papers 391, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Rosario Crinò, 2009. "Service Offshoring and White-Collar Employment," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 775.09, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Rosario Crinò, 2007. "Service Offshoring and White-Collar Employment," CESifo Working Paper Series 2040, CESifo Group Munich.
- Deborah Winkler & Thomas Farole, 2015. "Global Value Chain Integration and Productivity," World Bank Other Operational Studies 23818, The World Bank.
- Kang, Moonsung & Kim, Hyuk Hwang & Lee, Hongshik & Lee, Joonhyung, 2010. "Regional production networks, service offshoring, and productivity in East Asia," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 206-216, August.
- Kummritz,Victor & Taglioni,Daria & Winkler,Deborah Elisabeth, 2017. "Economic upgrading through global value chain participation : which policies increase the value added gains ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8007, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-08f10021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed