A model of a spatial economy with trading posts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berliant, Marcus & Konishi, Hideo, 2000.
"The endogenous formation of a city: population agglomeration and marketplaces in a location-specific production economy,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 289-324, May.
- Marcus Berliant & Hideo Konishi, 2000. "The Endogenous Formation of a City: Population Agglomeration and Marketplaces in a Location-Specific Production Economy," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 451, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Starrett, David, 1978. "Market allocations of location choice in a model with free mobility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 21-37, February.
- Green, Edward J. & Zhou, Ruilin, 1998.
"A Rudimentary Random-Matching Model with Divisible Money and Prices,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 252-271, August.
- Edward J. Green & Ruilin Zhou, 1996. "A Rudimentary Random-Matching Model with Divisible Money and Prices," GE, Growth, Math methods 9606001, EconWPA, revised 23 Dec 1996.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1989. "On Money as a Medium of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 927-954, August.
- Matsui, Akihiko, 1998. "Strong Currency and Weak Currency," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 305-333, December.
- Berliant, Marcus & Wang, Ping, 1993. "Endogenous formation of a city without agglomerative externalities or market imperfections : Marketplaces in a regional economy," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 121-144, March.
- Konishi, Hideo, 2000.
"Formation of Hub Cities: Transportation Cost Advantage and Population Agglomeration,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 1-28, July.
- Hideo Konishi, 1999. "Formation of Hub Cities: Transportation Cost Advantage and Population Agglomeration," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 448, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-968, October.
More about this item
Keywordsconcentration in transaction activities.;
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- D0 - Microeconomics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-02r10002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.