The payout stage in Chile: who annuitizes and why?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jukka Lassila & Tarmo Valkonen, 2001.
"Pension Prefunding, Ageing, and Demographic Uncertainty,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(4), pages 573-593, August.
- Lassila, Jukka & Valkonen, Tarmo, 2000. "Pension Prefunding, Ageing, and Demographic Uncertainty," Discussion Papers 741, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Ronald D. Lee & Ryan D. Edwards, 2001. "The fiscal impact of population change," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Alho, Juha M. & Hougaard Jensen, Svend E. & Lassila, Jukka & Valkonen, Tarmo, 2005. "Controlling the effects of demographic risks: the role of pension indexation schemes," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 139-153, July.
- Axel Boersch-Supan & Florian Heiss & Alexander Ludwig & Joachim Winter, 2003.
"Pension Reform, Capital Markets and the Rate of Return,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 4(2), pages 151-181, May.
- Börsch-Supan, Axel & Heiss, Florian & Winter, Joachim, 2000. "Pension reform, capital markets, and the rate of return," Discussion Papers 589, Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre und Statistik, Abteilung fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre.
- Börsch-Supan, Axel H. & Heiss, Florian & Ludwig, Alexander & Winter, Joachim, 2003. "Pension reform, capital markets and the rate of return," Munich Reprints in Economics 20200, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Florian Heiss & Alexander Ludwig & Joachim Winter, 2002. "Pension reform, capital markets, and the rate of return," MEA discussion paper series 02023, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Hans Fehr & Sabine Jokisch & Laurence Kotlikoff, 2003.
"The Developed World's Demographic Transition - The Roles of Capital Flows, Immigration, and Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
10096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans Fehr & Sabine Jokisch & Larry Kotlikoff, 2003. "The Developed World's Demographic Transition - the Roles of Capital Flows, Immigration, and Policy," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-133, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Georg Hirte, 2002. "Welfare and Macroeconomic Effects of the German Pension Acts of 1992 and 1999: A Dynamic CGE Study," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 3(1), pages 81-106, February.
- Fehr, Hans, 1999. "Welfare Effects of Dynamic Tax Reforms," Beiträge zur Finanzwissenschaft, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 1, volume 5, number urn:isbn:9783161470165.
- Bonin, Holger, 2001. "Will it Last? An Assessment of the 2001 German Pension Reform," IZA Discussion Papers 343, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Beetsma, Roel & Bettendorf, Leon & Broer, Peter, 2003.
"The budgeting and economic consequences of ageing in the Netherlands,"
Elsevier, pages 987-1013.
- Roel Beetsma, 2001. "The Budgeting and Economic Consequences of Ageing in The Netherlands," CESifo Working Paper Series 630, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fehr, Hans, 2000. " Pension Reform during the Demographic Transition," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(3), pages 419-443, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rocha, Roberto & Rudolph, Heinz P., 2010. "A summary and update of developing annuities markets : the experience of Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5325, The World Bank.
- Estelle James & Alejandra Cox Edwards & Rebeca Wong, 2012. "The Gender Impact of Pension Reform," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13046, The World Bank.
- Alberto Arenas de Mesa & David Bravo & Jere R. Behrman & Olivia S. Mitchell & Petra E. Todd, 2006. "The Chilean Pension Reform Turns 25: Lessons From the Social Protection Survey," NBER Working Papers 12401, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alejandra Cox-Edwards & Estelle James, 2006. "Crowd-out, Adverse Selection and Information in Annuity Markets: Evidence from a New Retrospective Data Set in Chile," Working Papers wp147, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Alejandra Cox Edwards & Estelle James, 2010.
"Impact of Social Security Reform on Labor Force Participation Rates of Pensioners and Nonpensioners: Evidence from Chile,"
Journal of Human Capital,
University of Chicago Press, pages 130-172.
- Powdthavee, Nattavudh, 2010. "Does Education Reduce the Risk of Hypertension? Estimating the Biomarker Effect of Compulsory Schooling in England," IZA Discussion Papers 4847, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Estelle James & Alejandra CoxEdwards & Augusto Iglesias, 2007. "The Impact of Private Participation on Disability Costs: Evidence from Chile," Working Papers wp161, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Estelle James & Augusto Iglesias Palau, 2006. "How to Integrate Disability Benefits into a System with Individual Accounts: The Chilean Model," Working Papers wp111, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Cecilia Dassatti & Rodrigo Lluberas, 2016. "The costs of annuitizing," Documentos de trabajo 2016004, Banco Central del Uruguay.
- Heinz Rudolph & Hela Cheikhrouhou & Roberto Rocha & Craig Thorburn, 2007. "Financial Sector Dimensions of the Colombian Pension System," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6785.
- Heidler, Matthias & Raffelhüschen, Bernd & Leifels, Arne, 2006. "Heterogenous life expectancy, adverse selection, and retirement behaviour," FZG Discussion Papers 13, University of Freiburg, Research Center for Generational Contracts (FZG).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jpenef:v:5:y:2006:i:02:p:121-154_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_PEF .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.