An Empirical Comparison of Stochastic Dominance and Mean-Variance Portfolio Choice Criteria
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 8 (1973)
Issue (Month): 04 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cambridge University Press, UPH, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 8BS UK|
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ
- Hooi Lean & Kok Phoon & Wing-Keung Wong, 2013. "Stochastic dominance analysis of CTA funds," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 155-170, January.
- Shalit, Haim & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1985.
"Evaluating the Mean-Gini Approach to Portfolio Selection,"
232632, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Center for Agricultural Economic Research.
- Shalit, Haim & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1985. "Evaluating the Mean-Gini Approach to Portfolio Selection," Working Papers 232632, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Center for Agricultural Economic Research.
- Abhay Abhyankar & Keng-Yu Ho & Huainan Zhao, 2009. "International value versus growth: evidence from stochastic dominance analysis," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 222-232.
- Robison, Lindon J. & Hanson, Steven D., 1995. "Analyzing Firm Response to Risk Using Mean-Variance Models," Staff Papers 201207, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Drynan, Ross G., 1986. "A Note On Optimal Rules For Stochastic Efficiency Analysis," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 30(01), April.
- Chun-Kei Tsang & Wing-Keung Wong & Ira Horowitz, 2016. "Arbitrage opportunities, efficiency, and the role of risk preferences in the Hong Kong property market," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(4), pages 735-754, October.
- Tsang, Chun-Kei & Wong, Wing-Keung & Horowitz, Ira, 2016. "Arbitrage Opportunities, Efficiency, and the Role of Risk Preferences in the Hong Kong Property Market," MPRA Paper 74347, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Xiaoming, 2008. "Demand evolution in stochastic inventory systems: Riskiness increase," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 182-189, December.
- Peter Calkins, 2009. "Sufficiency Economy Matrices: Multi-Period Optimization for Local Development Planners," Journal of Economics and Management, College of Business, Feng Chia University, Taiwan, vol. 5(2), pages 305-332, July.
- Al-Khazali, Osamah & Lean, Hooi Hooi & Samet, Anis, 2014. "Do Islamic stock indexes outperform conventional stock indexes? A stochastic dominance approach," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 29-46.
- Dominic Gasbarro & Wing-Keung Wong & J. Kenton Zumwalt, 2007. "Stochastic Dominance Analysis of iShares," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 89-101.
- Dominic Gasbarro & Wing-Keung Wong & J. Kenton Zumwalt, 2007. "Stochastic Dominance Analysis of iShares," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0706, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Dominic Gasbarro & Wing-Keung Wong & J. Kenton Zumwalt, 2007. "Stochastic Dominance Analysis of iShares," Finance Working Papers 21919, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Abhay Abhyankar & Keng-Yu Ho & Huainan Zhao, 2005. "Long-run post-merger stock performance of UK acquiring firms: a stochastic dominance perspective," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(10), pages 679-690.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:212-224 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wong, Wing-Keung & Phoon, Kok Fai & Lean, Hooi Hooi, 2008. "Stochastic dominance analysis of Asian hedge funds," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 204-223, June.
- Abhyankar, Abhay & Chen, Hsuan-Chi & Ho, Keng-Yu, 2006. "The long-run performance of initial public offerings: Stochastic dominance criteria," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 620-637, September.
- Cruz, Elmar Rodrigues da & Porto, Vitor Hugo da Fonseca, 1988. "Simplified Risk Analysis in Agricultural Extension," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 1(4), January.
- Tsang, Chun-Kei & Wong, Wing-Keung & Horowitz, Ira, 2016. "A stochastic-dominance approach to determining the optimal home-size purchase: The case of Hong Kong," MPRA Paper 69175, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lam, Kin & Lean, Hooi Hooi & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2016. "Stochastic Dominance and Investors’ Behavior towards Risk: The Hong Kong Stocks and Futures Markets," MPRA Paper 74386, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Walton Taylor & James Yoder, 1999. "Load and no-load mutual fund dynamics during the 1987 market crash: A stochastic dominance analysis," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 23(3), pages 255-265, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:8:y:1973:i:04:p:587-608_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed