Institutions, Competition, and Capital Market Integration in Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Olmstead, Alan L. & Rhode, Paul W., 2002.
"The Red Queen and the Hard Reds: Productivity Growth in American Wheat, 1800–1940,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 62(04), pages 929-966, December.
- Alan L. Olmstead & Paul W. Rhode, 2002. "The Red Queen and the Hard Reds: Productivity Growth in American Wheat, 1800-1940," NBER Working Papers 8863, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Metzer, Jacob, 1975. "Rational management, modern business practices, and economies of scale in the ante-bellum southern plantations," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 123-150, April.
- Olmstead,Alan L. & Rhode,Paul W., 2008. "Creating Abundance," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521857116, March.
- Wright, Gavin, 1979. "The Efficiency of Slavery: Another Interpretation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 219-226, March.
- Passell, Peter & Wright, Gavin, 1972. "The Effects of Pre-Civil War Territorial Expansion on the Price of Slaves," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(6), pages 1188-1202, Nov.-Dec..
- Fogel, Robert W & Engerman, Stanley L, 1977. "Explaining the Relative Efficiency of Slave Agriculture in the Antebellum South," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 275-296, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacks, David S. & Yan, Se & Zhao, Liuyan, 2017.
"Silver points, silver flows, and the measure of Chinese financial integration,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 377-386.
- David S. Jacks & Se Yan & Liuyan Zhao, 2016. "Silver Points, Silver Flows, and the Measure of Chinese Financial Integration," NBER Working Papers 22747, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bazot, Guillaume, 2014. "Local liquidity constraints: What place for central bank regional policy? The French experience during the Belle Époque (1880–1913)," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 44-62.
- Chilosi, David & Volckart, Oliver, 2009. "Money, states and empire: financial integration cycles and institutional change in Central Europe, 1400-1520," Economic History Working Papers 27884, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Nicholas, Tom, 2011. "The origins of Japanese technological modernization," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 272-291, April.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:69:y:2009:i:01:p:138-171_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .