British and German Manufacturing Productivity Compared: A New Benchmark for 1935/36 Based on Double Deflated Value Added
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fremdling, Rainer & De Jong, Herman & Timmer, Marcel P., 2007. "British and German Manufacturing Productivity Compared: A New Benchmark for 1935/36 Based on Double Deflated Value Added," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 350-378.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kravis, Irving B, 1976. "A Survey of International Comparisons of Productivity," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(341), pages 1-44, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kyoji Fukao & Harry X. Wu & Tangjun Yuan, 2008.
"Comparative Output and Labour Productivity in Manufacturing for China, Japan, Korea and the United States in Circa 1935 by a Production PPP Approach,"
Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
gd08-018, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Fukao, Kyoji & Wu, Harry X. & Yuan, Tangjun, 2009. "Comparative Output and Labour Productivity in Manufacturing for China, Japan, Korea and the United States in Circa 1935 by a Production PPP Approach," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-26, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Voskoboynikov, Ilya B., 2012. "New measures of output, labour and capital in industries of the Russian economy," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-123, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Lan, Jun & Malik, Arunima & Lenzen, Manfred & McBain, Darian & Kanemoto, Keiichiro, 2016. "A structural decomposition analysis of global energy footprints," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 436-451.
- repec:dgr:rugggd:gd-123 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:734-746 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dgr:rugggd:gd-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- Broadberry, Stephen & Klein, Alexander, 2011. "When and why did eastern European economies begin to fail? Lessons from a Czechoslovak/UK productivity comparison, 1921-1991," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-52, January.
- Giordano, Claire & Giugliano, Ferdinando, 2015.
"A tale of two Fascisms: Labour productivity growth and competition policy in Italy, 1911–1951,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 25-38.
- Claire Giordano & Ferdinando Giugliano, 2012. "A Tale of Two Fascisms: Labour Productivity Growth and Competition Policy in Italy, 1911-1951," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 28, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ritschl, Albrecht, 2008. "The Anglo-German productivity puzzle, 1895-1935: a restatement and a possible resolution," Economic History Working Papers 22309, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Herman De Jong & Pieter Woltjer, 2011. "Depression dynamics: a new estimate of the Anglo‐American manufacturing productivity gap in the interwar period," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 64(2), pages 472-492, May.
- Yuan, Tangjun & Fukao, Kyoji & Wu, Harry X., 2010. "Comparative output and labor productivity in manufacturing between China, Japan, Korea and the United States for ca. 1935 - A production-side PPP approach," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 325-346, July.
- repec:dgr:rugggd:gd-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Broadberry, Stephen & Fukao, Kyoji & Zammit, Nick, 2015.
"How Did Japan Catch-up On The West? A Sectoral Analysis Of Anglo-Japanese Productivity Differences, 1885-2000,"
CAGE Online Working Paper Series
231, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Broadberry, Stephen N & Fukao, Kyoji & Zammit, Nick, 2015. "How Did Japan Catch-Up On The West? A Sectoral Analysis Of Anglo-Japanese Productivity Differences, 1885-2000," CEPR Discussion Papers 10570, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:dgr:rugggd:gd-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Woltjer, P. & Smits, Jan-Pieter & Frankema, Ewout, 2010. "Comparing Productivity in the Netherlands, France, UK and US, ca. 1910:A new PPP benchmark and its implications for changing economic leadership," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-113, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:67:y:2007:i:02:p:350-378_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.