Market-Modelled Home Care: Impact on Job Satisfaction and Propensity to Leave
Responding to increasing health-care costs, deficit financing and the aging of the population, many OECD nations are exploring new cost-efficient health-care models. One such model, designed to manage the homebased health-care system through the application of quasi-market principles has been adopted by the province of Ontario. Findings from a case study of 835 Ontario home-care workers indicate that a market-modelled approach to health-care restructuring may be leading to decreased levels of job satisfaction and a greater propensity to leave among workers in the home-care sector.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 33 (2007)
Issue (Month): s1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: University of Toronto Press Journals Division 5201 Dufferin Street Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3H 5T8|
Web page: http://economics.ca/cpp/
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.utpjournals.com/cpp/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Light, Donald W., 2001. "Managed competition, governmentality and institutional response in the United Kingdom," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1167-1181, April.
- Woodward, Christel A. & Abelson, Julia & Tedford, Sara & Hutchison, Brian, 2004. "What is important to continuity in home care?: Perspectives of key stakeholders," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 177-192, January.
- Williams, Allison M., 1996. "The development of Ontario's Home Care Program: A critical geographical analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 937-948, March.
- Kane, Nancy M. & Saltman, Richard B., 1997. "Comparative experience in home care and pharmaceutical policy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(Supplemen), pages S1-S7, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpp:issued:v:33:y:2007:i:s1:p:81-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.