Uruguay Round Impacts on Canada
This paper offers an evaluation of possible effects of the Final Act of the Uruguay Round with a special focus on Canada. Our two main findings can be summarized as follows: first, the estimated impacts of the Uruguay Round are more modest than previous estimates; our second finding pertains to the liberalization in textiles and clothing which may be the most significant part of the Uruguay Round in terms of its reallocative impact in Canada.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 22 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://economics.ca/cpp/
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.utpjournals.com/cpp/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521319867 is not listed on IDEAS
- Trien T. Nguyen & Carlo Perroni & Randall M. Wigle, 1991.
"The Value of a Uruguay Round Success,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 359-374, December.
- Nguyen, T.T & Wigle, R.M., 1988. "Trade Liberalization With Imperfect Competition: The Large And Small Of It," Working Papers 89128, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
- Nguyen, T.T. & Perroni, C. & Wigle, R.M., 1991. "The Value of a Uruguay Round Success," Working Papers 91151, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
- Trela, Irene & Whalley, John, 1990. "Global Effects of Developed Country Trade Restrictions on Textiles and Apparel," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(403), pages 1190-1205, December.
- Markusen, James R & Wigle, Randall M, 1990. "Explaining the Volume of North-South Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(403), pages 1206-15, December.
- Petersen, Christian E, 1992. "Trade Conflict and Resolution Methodologies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 62-66, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpp:issued:v:22:y:1996:i:4:p:342-355. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.