Circulation versus Advertiser Appeal in the Newspaper Industry: An Empirical Investigation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Ekelund & George Ford & John Jackson, 1999. "Is Radio Advertising a Distinct Local Market? An Empirical Analysis," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 14(3), pages 239-256, May.
- Robert Ekelund & George Ford & John Jackson, 2000. "Are Local TV Markets Separate Markets?," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 79-97.
- Depken II, Craig A., 2004. "Audience characteristics and the price of advertising in a circulation industry: evidence from US magazines," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 179-196, June.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Wright, Julian, 2006.
"Price structure in two-sided markets: Evidence from the magazine industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Wright, Julian, 2004. "Price Structure in Two-sided Markets: Evidence from the Magazine Industry?," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-80, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Asplund, Marcus & Eriksson, Rickard & Strand, Niklas, 2001. "Prices, Margins and Liquidity Constraints: Swedish Newspapers 1990-1996," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 470, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Lisa George & Joel Waldfogel, 2003. "Who Affects Whom in Daily Newspaper Markets?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(4), pages 765-784, August.
- Kaiser, Ulrich, 2002. "Optimal Cover Prices and the Effects of Website Provision on Advertising and Magazine Demand," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-54, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lisa George & Joel Waldfogel, 2000. "Who Benefits Whom in Daily Newspaper Markets?," NBER Working Papers 7944, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ambarish Chandra, 2009. "TARGETED ADVERTISING: THE ROLE OF SUBSCRIBER CHARACTERISTICS IN MEDIA MARKETS -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 58-84, March.
- Kremhelmer, Susanne & Zenger, Hans, 2008. "Advertising and the screening role of mass media," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 107-119, June.
- Susanne Kremhelmer & Hans Zenger, 2004. "Advertising and the Media," Industrial Organization 0403003, EconWPA.
- Knotek II, Edward S., 2008.
"Convenient prices, currency, and nominal rigidity: Theory with evidence from newspaper prices,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(7), pages 1303-1316, October.
- Edward S. Knotek, 2005. "Convenient prices, currency, and nominal rigidity : theory with evidence from newspaper prices," Research Working Paper RWP 05-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Jorge Ferrando & Jean J. Gabszewicz & Didier Laussel & Nathalie Sonnac, 2008. "Intermarket network externalities and competition: An application to the media industry," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 4(3), pages 357-379.
- Kremhelmer, Susanne, 2004. "Fairness, Property Rights, and the Market for Media," Munich Dissertations in Economics 2521, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jindec:v:37:y:1989:i:3:p:259-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-1821 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.