Evaluating the Potential of Index Insurance Schemes to Reduce Crop Yield Risk in an Arid Region
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brosig, Stephan & Yahshilikov, Yorbol, 2005.
"Interregional integration of wheat markets in Kazakhstan
[Interregionale Integration von Weizenmärkten in Kasachstan]," IAMO Discussion Papers 88, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Karuaihe, Raphael N. & Wang, H. Holly & Young, Douglas L., 2006. "Weather-Based Crop Insurance Contracts for African Countries," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25378, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion & Agali Alhassane & Seydou Traoré, 2014.
"Weather Index Drought Insurance: An Ex Ante Evaluation for Millet Growers in Niger,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 57(4), pages 527-551, April.
- Leblois, Antoine & Quirion, Philippe & Alhassane, Agali & Traore, Seydou, 2011. "Weather index drought insurance: an ex ante evaluation for millet growers in Niger," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 120378, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion, 2011. "Weather-index drought insurance : an ex ante evaluation for millet growers in Niger," CIRED Working Papers hal-00866438, HAL.
- repec:ags:gjagec:270173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion, 2011. "Weather-index drought insurance : an ex ante evaluation for millet growers in Niger," Working Papers hal-00866438, HAL.
- Sibiko, Kenneth W. & Veettil, Prakashan C. & Qaim, Matin, 2017. "Small Farmers' Preferences for Weather Index Insurance: Insights from Kenya," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 256213, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- repec:spr:nathaz:v:91:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11069-017-3109-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chantarat, Sommarat & Mude, Andrew G. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Turvey, Calum G., 2017.
"Welfare Impacts of Index Insurance in the Presence of a Poverty Trap,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 119-138.
- Sommarat Chantarat & Andrew Mude & Christopher Barrett & Calum Turvey, 2016. "Welfare Impacts of Index Insurance in the Presence of a Poverty Trap," PIER Discussion Papers 24., Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Apr 2016.
- Sibiko, Kenneth W. & Veettil, Prakashan C. & Qaim, Matin, 2016. "Small Farmers’ Preferences for Weather Index Insurance: Insights from Kenya," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246399, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion & Benjamin Sultan, 2013.
"Price vs. weather shock hedging for cash crops: ex ante evaluation for cotton producers in Cameroon,"
CIRED Working Papers
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion & Benjamin Sultan, 2014. "Price vs. weather shock hedging for cash crops: ex ante evaluation for cotton producers in Cameroon," Post-Print halshs-00967313, HAL.
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion & Benjamin Sultan, 2013. "Price vs. weather shock hedging for cash crops: ex ante evaluation for cotton producers in Cameroon," Working Papers hal-00796528, HAL.
- Conradt, Sarah & Bokusheva, Raushan & Finger, Robert & Kussaiynov, Talgat, 2014. "Yield Trend Estimation in the Presence of Farm Heterogeneity and Non-linear Technological Change," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-20, May.
- Takahashi, Kazushi & Ikegami, Munenobu & Sheahan, Megan & Barrett, Christopher B., 2014. "Quasi-experimental evidence on the drivers of index-based livestock insurance demand in Southern Ethiopia," IDE Discussion Papers 480, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Jensen, Nathaniel D. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Mude, Andrew G., 2014. "Basis Risk and the Welfare Gains from Index Insurance: Evidence from Northern Kenya," MPRA Paper 59153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kellner, Ulla & Musshoff, Oliver, 2011. "Precipitation or water capacity indices? An analysis of the benefits of alternative underlyings for index insurance," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(8), pages 645-653, October.
- Bokusheva, Raushan & Breustedt, Gunnar & Heidelbach, Olaf, 2007. "Ex-ante evaluation of weather-based index insurance and area-yield insurance for reducing crop yield risk," 101st Seminar, July 5-6, 2007, Berlin Germany 9250, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ani Melkonyan & Malcolm Asadoorian, 2014. "Climate impact on agroeconomy in semiarid region of Armenia," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 393-414, April.
- Ines Kapphan & Pierluigi Calanca & Annelie Holzkaemper, 2012. "Climate Change, Weather Insurance Design and Hedging Effectiveness," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 37(2), pages 286-317, April.
- Huo, Ran & Octavio, Ramirez, 2017. "Basis risk and welfare effect of weather index insurance for smallholders in China," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252816, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Castillo, Maria Jose & Boucher, Stephen & Carter, Michael, 2016. "Index Insurance: Using Public Data to Benefit Small-Scale Agriculture," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 0(Special I), pages 1-22, June.
- repec:ags:gjagec:232342 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion, 2013. "Agricultural insurances based on meteorological indices: realizations, methods and research challenges," Post-Print hal-00656778, HAL.
- Hong Shi & Zhihui Jiang, 2016. "The efficiency of composite weather index insurance in hedging rice yield risk: evidence from China," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(3), pages 319-328, May.
- Pelka, Niels & MuÃŸhoff, Oliver, 2013. "Das Risikoreduzierungspotenzial von Wetterderivaten im Ackerbau: Einfachindizes versus Mischindizes," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 62(4).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:59:y:2008:i:2:p:312-328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.