The Impact of Microelectronics on Developing Countries: The Case of Brazilian Telecommunications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hardy, Andrew P., 1980. "The role of the telephone in economic development," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 278-286, December.
- Wellenius, Björn, 1977. "Telecommunications in developing countries," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 289-297, September.
- Newfarmer, Richard S., 1979. "TNC takeovers in Brazil: The uneven distribution of benefits in the market for firms," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 25-43, January.
- Clippinger, John H., 1977. "Can communications development benefit the Third World?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 298-304, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- David, Oladipo Olalekan, 2019. "Nexus between telecommunication infrastructures, economic growth and development in Africa: Panel vector autoregression (P-VAR) analysis," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 1-1.
- Michael Enowbi Batuo, 2015.
"The role of telecommunications infrastructure in the regional economic growth of Africa,"
Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 49(1), pages 313-330, January-M.
- Enowbi Batuo, Michael, 2008. "The Role of Telecommunication Infrastructure in the Regional Economic Growth of Africa," MPRA Paper 12431, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Oct 2008.
- Enowbi Batuo, Michael, 2008. "The Role of Telecommunication Infrastructure in the Regional Economic Growth of Africa," MPRA Paper 19133, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ward, Michael R. & Zheng, Shilin, 2016. "Mobile telecommunications service and economic growth: Evidence from China," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 89-101.
- Díaz, Luis & Andonova, Veneta Stefanova, 2007. "Political institutions and the development of telecommunications," Working Papers 2072/4176, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Anusua Datta & Sumit Agarwal, 2004. "Telecommunications and economic growth: a panel data approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(15), pages 1649-1654.
- Daniel Ştefan Armeanu & Georgeta Vintilă & Ştefan Cristian Gherghina, 2017. "Empirical Study towards the Drivers of Sustainable Economic Growth in EU-28 Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Zhongwei Xing, 2018. "The impacts of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and E-commerce on bilateral trade flows," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 565-586, July.
- Stefano Magrini & Alessandro Spiganti, 2021. "The Day After Covid-19: Implications for Growth, Specialization, and Inequality," Working Papers 2021:13, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- António Madureira & Nico Baken & Harry Bouwman, 2011. "Value of digital information networks: a holonic framework," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-30, April.
- Danquah, Michael & Iddrisu, Abdul Malik, 2018. "Access to mobile phones and the wellbeing of non-farm enterprise households: Evidence from Ghana," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1-9.
- Klein, Daniel & Ludwig, Christopher A. & Nicolay, Katharina, 2020.
"Internal digitalization and tax-efficient decision making,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
20-051, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Klein, Daniel & Ludwig, Christopher & Nicolay, Katharina, 2021. "Internal Digitalization and Tax-efficient Decision Making," VfS Annual Conference 2021 (Virtual Conference): Climate Economics 242365, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Keesookpuna, Chutipong & Mitomob, Hitoshi, 2012. "A developmental framework for ICT and labour productivity in the developing country: A case study of Thailand," 23rd European Regional ITS Conference, Vienna 2012 60378, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Ronald Kumar, 2014. "Exploring the role of technology, tourism and financial development: an empirical study of Vietnam," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(5), pages 2881-2898, September.
- Christian Lambert Nguena, 2019. "Working Paper 323- Mobile Financial and Banking Services Development in Africa," Working Paper Series 2449, African Development Bank.
- SSM Sadrul Huda & Md. Gazi Salah Uddin, 2011. "Privacy and Security Issues of Mobile Phone-The Case of Dhaka City, Bangladesh," Journal of Social and Development Sciences, AMH International, vol. 2(1), pages 14-21.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Lall, Somik & Wheeler, David, 2001. "Policy reform, economic growth, and the digital divide - an econometric analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2567, The World Bank.
- Hongzhong Fan & Md Ismail Hossain, 2018. "Technological Innovation, Trade Openness, CO2 Emission and Economic Growth: Comparative Analysis between China and India," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(6), pages 240-257.
- Audi, Marc & Ali, Amjad, 2019.
"The Advancement in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and Economic Development: A Panel Analysis,"
93476, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Audi, Marc & Ali, Amjad & Roussel, Yannick, 2021. "The Advancement in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and Economic Development: A Panel Analysis," MPRA Paper 105523, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2021.
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharan & Sridhar, Varadharajan, 2007.
"Telecommunications Infrastructure And Economic Growth: Evidence From Developing Countries,"
Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 7(2), pages 37-56.
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharam & Sridhar, Varadharajan, 2004. "Telecommunications infrastructure and economic growth: Evidence from developing countries," Working Papers 04/14, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Kala Seetharam Sridhar & Varadharajan Sridhar, 2009. "Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Growth: Evidence from Developing Countries," Working Papers id:2247, eSocialSciences.
- Moshi, Goodiel Charles & Mwakatumbula, Hilda Jacob, 2017. "Effects of political stability and sector regulations on investments in African mobile markets," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 651-661.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:devchg:v:16:y:1985:i:2:p:313-340. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0012-155X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0012-155X .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.