Currency Invoicing in Japanese Exports to East Asia: Implications for Yen Internationalization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sulamaa, Pekka & Widgrén, Mika, 2005. "Asian Regionalism versus Global Free Trade: A Simulation Study on Economic Effects," Discussion Papers 985, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Shin, Kwanho, 2006.
"Does regionalism lead to more global trade integration in East Asia?,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 283-301, December.
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Shin, Kwanho, 2005. "Does Regionalism Lead to More Global Trade Integration in East Asia?," MPRA Paper 706, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Innwon Park & Kwanho Shin, 2008.
"Proliferating Regional Trade Arrangements: Why and Whither?,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(12), pages 1525-1557, December.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Innwon Park & Kwanho Shin, 2005. "Proliferating Regional Trade Arrangements: Why and Whither?," International Trade 0501010, EconWPA.
- Robert Scollay & John P. Gilbert, 2001.
"New Regional Trading Arrangements in the Asia Pacific?,"
Peterson Institute Press: All Books,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa63.
- Robert Scollay & John P. Gilbert, 2001. "New Regional Trading Arrangements in the Asia Pacific?," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa63, October.
- Shujiro Urata & Kozo Kiyota, 2003. "The Impacts of an East Asia FTA on Foreign Trade in East Asia," NBER Working Papers 10173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tubagus Feridhanusetyawan, 2005. "Preferential Trade Agreements in the Asia-Pacific Region," IMF Working Papers 05/149, International Monetary Fund.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Innwon Park, 2005. "Free Trade Areas in East Asia: Discriminatory or Non-discriminatory?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 21-48, January.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:9:y:2003:i:3:p:249-249 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baldwin, Richard, 1993. "A Domino Theory of Regionalism," CEPR Discussion Papers 857, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Masaru Umemoto, 2003. "Hub and spoke integration and income convergence," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 9(3), pages 249-249, August.
- Peter Lloyd, 2002. "New Bilateralism in the Asia-Pacific," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(9), pages 1279-1296, September.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish & Greenaway, David & Panagariya, Arvind, 1998. "Trading Preferentially: Theory and Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1128-1148, July.
- Warwick McKibbin & Jong-Wha Lee & Inkyo Cheong, 2004. "A dynamic analysis of the Korea-Japan free trade area: simulations with the G-cubed Asia-Pacific model," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 3-32.
- McKibbin, W.J., 1997. "Regional and Multiregional Trade Liberalization: The Effects on Trade, Investment and Welfare," Papers 134, Brookings Institution - Working Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabling, Richard & Grimes, Arthur, 2008. "Do Exporters Cut the Hedge? Who Hedges, When and Why?," Occasional Papers 08/2, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Barry Eichengreen & Livia Chiu & Arnaud Mehl, 2016.
"Network effects, homogeneous goods and international currency choice: New evidence on oil markets from an older era,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 49(1), pages 173-206, February.
- Mehl, Arnaud & Eichengreen, Barry & Chiţu, Livia, 2014. "Network effects, homogeneous goods and international currency choice: new evidence on oil markets from an older era," Working Paper Series 1651, European Central Bank.
- Craig R. Parsons & Kiyotaka Sato, 2008. "New estimates of exchange rate pass-through in Japanese exports An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 10th International Convention of the East Asian Economic Association in Beijing, C," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 174-183.
- Kamps, Annette, 2006. "The euro as invoicing currency in international trade," Working Paper Series 665, European Central Bank.
- Jean-Philippe Gervais & Bruno Larue, 2009. "A joint test of market power, menu costs, and currency invoicing," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(1), pages 29-41, January.
- Paul De Grauwe & Zhaoyong Zhang & Kiyotaka Sato & Junko Shimizu & Nagendra Shrestha & Shajuan Zhang, 2016. "Industry-specific exchange rate volatility and intermediate goods trade in Asia," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 63(1), pages 89-109, February.
- Zhang, Zhiwen & Makin, Anthony J. & Bai, Qinxian, 2016. "Yen internationalization and Japan's international reserves," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 452-466.
- Gervais, Jean-Philippe & Larue, Bruno, 2006. "A Joint Test of Price Discrimination, Menu Cost and Currency Invoicing," MPRA Paper 565, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fabling, Richard & Grimes, Arthur, 2010. "Cutting the hedge: Exporters' dynamic currency hedging behaviour," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 241-253, June.
- Ghosh, Amit & Rajan, Ramkishen S., 2009. "Exchange rate pass-through in Korea and Thailand: Trends and determinants," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 55-70, January.
- Friberg, Richard & Wilander, Fredrik, 2008. "The currency denomination of exports -- A questionnaire study," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 54-69, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:asiaec:v:17:y:2003:i:2:p:129-154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.