The Intergenerational Transmission of Income Volatility: Is Riskiness Inherited?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alejandro Justiniano & Giorgio E. Primiceri, 2008.
"The Time-Varying Volatility of Macroeconomic Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 604-641, June.
- Alejandro Justiniano & Northwestern University, 2006. "The Time Varying Volatility of Macroeconomic Fluctuations," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 219, Society for Computational Economics.
- Alejandro Justiniano & Giorgio E. Primiceri, 2006. "The Time Varying Volatility of Macroeconomic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 12022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giorgio Primiceri & Alejandro Justiniano, 2006. "The Time Varying Volatility of Macroeconomic Fluctuations," 2006 Meeting Papers 353, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 2002. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 1994. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models: Comments: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(4), pages 413-417, October.
- Inoue, Atsushi & Kilian, Lutz, 2008. "How Useful Is Bagging in Forecasting Economic Time Series? A Case Study of U.S. Consumer Price Inflation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103, pages 511-522, June.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1998. "Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference and Comparison with ARCH Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 361-393.
- repec:bla:restud:v:65:y:1998:i:3:p:361-93 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chun Liu & John M. Maheu, 2009.
"Forecasting realized volatility: a Bayesian model-averaging approach,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(5), pages 709-733.
- Chun Liu & John M Maheu, 2008. "Forecasting Realized Volatility: A Bayesian Model Averaging Approach," Working Papers tecipa-313, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Melino, Angelo & Turnbull, Stuart M., 1990. "Pricing foreign currency options with stochastic volatility," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 239-265.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Nardari, Federico & Shephard, Neil, 2006. "Analysis of high dimensional multivariate stochastic volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 341-371, October.
- Aguilar, Omar & West, Mike, 2000. "Bayesian Dynamic Factor Models and Portfolio Allocation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(3), pages 338-357, July.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Nardari, Federico & Shephard, Neil, 2002. "Markov chain Monte Carlo methods for stochastic volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 281-316, June.
- Stephen J. Taylor, 1994. "Modeling Stochastic Volatility: A Review And Comparative Study," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 183-204.
- Harald Uhlig, 1997.
"Bayesian Vector Autoregressions with Stochastic Volatility,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(1), pages 59-74, January.
- Uhlig, H.F.H.V.S., 1996. "Bayesian Vector Autoregressions with Stochastic Volatility," Discussion Paper 1996-09, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jantti, Markus & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2013.
ISER Working Paper Series
2013-23, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Jäntti, Markus & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2013. "Income Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 7730, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Markus Jäntti & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2013. "Income Mobility," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 607, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Markus Jantti & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2014. "Income Mobility," Working Papers 319, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Huebener, Mathias, 2015.
"The role of paternal risk attitudes in long-run education outcomes and intergenerational mobility,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 64-79.
- Mathias Huebener, 2015. "The role of paternal risk attitudes in long-run education outcomes and intergenerational mobility," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0114, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Dimitrios Christelis & Loreti I. Dobrescu & Alberto Motta, 2011.
"Early Life Conditions and Financial Risk–Taking in Older Age,"
CSEF Working Papers
285, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Loretti Dobrescu & Dimitris Christelis & Alberto Motta, 2012. "Early Life Conditions and Financial Risk-taking in Older Age," Working Papers 201208, ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR), Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales.
- Christelis, Dimitris & Dobrescu, Loretti I. & Motta, Alberto, 2011. "Early life conditions and financial risk-taking in older age," CFS Working Paper Series 2011/28, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Necker, Sarah & Voskort, Andrea, 2014. "Intergenerational transmission of risk attitudes – A revealed preference approach," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 66-89.
- Henrik Cronqvist & Florian Münkel & Stephan Siegel, 2014. "Genetics, Homeownership, and Home Location Choice," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 79-111, January.
- Aguilar, Alexandra Cortés & García Muñoz, Teresa M. & Moro-Egido, Ana I., 2013. "Heterogeneous self-employment and satisfaction in Latin America," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 44-61.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlbes:v:29:i:3:y:2011:p:372-381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.