Bayesian Analysis of Endogenous Delay Threshold Models
We develop Bayesian methods of analysis for a new class of threshold autoregressive models: endogenous delay threshold. We apply our methods to the commonly used sunspot data set and find strong evidence in favor of the Endogenous Delay Threshold Autoregressive (EDTAR) model over linear and traditional threshold autoregressions.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 21 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.amstat.org/publications/index.html|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon M. Potter, 1993.
"A Nonlinear Approach to U.S. GNP,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
693, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Dennis W. Jansen & Wankeun Oh, 1999. "Modeling Nonlinearity of Business Cycles: Choosing Between the CDR and STAR Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 344-349, May.
- Gregory D. Hess & Shigeru Iwata, 1997.
"Asymmetric persistence in GDP? A deeper look at depth,"
Research Working Paper
97-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Hess, Gregory D. & Iwata, Shigeru, 1997. "Asymmetric persistence in GDP? A deeper look at depth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 535-554, December.
- Beaudry, Paul & Koop, Gary, 1993. "Do recessions permanently change output?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 149-163, April.
- Pesaran, H.M. & Potter, S.M., 1995.
"A Floor and Ceiling Model of U.S. Output,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9407, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Gary Koop & Simon M. Potter, 1998.
"Dynamic asymmetries in US unemployment,"
ESE Discussion Papers
15, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-84, March.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlbes:v:21:y:2003:i:1:p:93-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.