Static and dynamic market disequilibrium
The static and dynamic market disequilibrium are presented as follows: the Edgeworth box is discussed in order to demonstrate the advantage of the role of negotiations on the market to the tatonnament role in the Walrasian static equilibrium model. In this context the equilibrium method devised by Marshall is an acceptable solution of the Edgeworth ambiguity. The idea of the static disbalance of Edgeworth is substantiated. This concept is projected in the dynamic perception of the Walras-X. The comment is summed up.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+359 2) 810 40 18
Fax: (+359 2) 988 21 08
Web page: http://www.iki.bas.bg
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- Barro, Robert J & Grossman, Herschel I, 1971. "A General Disequilibrium Model of Income and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 82-93, March.
- Milgate, Murray, 1979. "On the Origin of the Notion of "Intertemporal Equilibrium"," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 46(181), pages 1-10, February.
- Jordan, James S. & Radner, Roy, 1982. "Rational expectations in microeconomic models: An overview," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 201-223, April.
- Radner, Roy, 1979. "Rational Expectations Equilibrium: Generic Existence and the Information Revealed by Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 655-78, May.
- Marshall, Alfred, 1879. "The Pure Theory of Foreign Trade," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number marshall1879.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1972. "Expectations and the neutrality of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-124, April.
- Green, Jerry R, 1973. "Temporary General Equilibrium in a Sequential Trading Model with Spot and Futures Transactions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1103-23, November.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Methods and Problems in Business Cycle Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(4), pages 696-715, November.
- Michel De Vroey, 2000.
"Marshall on equilibrium and time: a reconstruction,"
The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 245-269.
- De Vroey, Michel, 1997. "Marshall on Equilibrium and Time. A Reconstruction," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1997010, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Michel De Vroey, 1998. "Is the tatonnement hypothesis a good caricature of market forces?," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 201-221.
- Walker, Donald A, 1973. "Edgeworth's Theory of Recontract," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 83(329), pages 138-49, March.
- Brian Snowdon & Howard Vane, 1998. "Transforming macroeconomics: an interview with Robert E. Lucas Jr," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 115-146.
- De Vroey, Michel, 2002. "Equilibrium and Disequilibrium in Walrasian and Neo-Walrasian Economics," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(04), pages 405-426, December.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1993.
"Temporary general equilibrium theory,"
Handbook of Mathematical Economics,
in: K. J. Arrow & M.D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 4, volume 2, chapter 19, pages 879-922
- Laidler, D., 1992. "Wage and Price Stickiness in Macroeconomics: An Historical Perspective," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9201, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Vahabi, Mehrdad, 2008. "From Walrasian general equilibrium to incomplete contracts : making sense of institutions," MPRA Paper 37887, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2002.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bas:econth:y:2011:i:2:p:36-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diana Dimitrova)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.