Creative Disclosure - Feature Of Creative Accounting
The purpose of this research is to approach creative disclosure as a feature ofcreative accounting. Also known in the literature as impression management, this demarchecan be found in corporate annual report under forms of distortion of narratives of numericaland graph manipulation. Little is known about the potential effects and consequences of thiskind of manipulation in the practical side of accounting and on decisions made by annualreport users. Creative accounting presented under all its forms of manifestation can directlyaffect the profit and loss account and also the balance sheet and it is also related tomeasurement or disclosure, the latter referring to the extent of to the method of presentation.Since disclosure is also related to credibility of accounting profession.After assessing the area approached we developed a theoretical framework for creativedisclosure.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rihab Khalifa & Nina Sharma & Christopher Humphrey & Keith Robson, 2007. "Discourse and audit change: Transformations in methodology in the professional audit field," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(6), pages 825-854, October.
- Core, John E., 2001. "A review of the empirical disclosure literature: discussion," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 441-456, September.
- Kothari, S. P., 2001. "Capital markets research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 105-231, September.
- Brian Rutherford, 2003. "Obfuscation, Textual Complexity and the Role of Regulated Narrative Accounting Disclosure in Corporate Governance," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 187-210, June.
- Vladu Alina Beattrice & Grosanu Adrian, 2011. "Some Insights Regarding Creative Accounting In Romanian Accounting Environment - Regulators, Financial Auditors And Professional Bodies Opinion," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 661-668, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:alu:journl:v:1:y:2012:i:14:p:6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.