The Returns To Agricultural Research In Maine: The Case Of A Small Northeastern Experiment Station
Estimates of the marginal internal rate of return to expenditures for research by the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station are presented. Estimates are performed using ridge regression under an array of specifications, including alternative functional forms, lag structures, costs of public funds, and variable specifications. The results are consistent with many previous results that imply an underinvestment in agricultural research.
Volume (Year): 20 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.narea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sundquist, W. Burt & Cheng, Cheng-Ge & Norton, George W., 1981. "Measuring Returns to Research Expenditures for Corn, Wheat and Soybeans," Evaluation of Agricultural Research, Proceedings of a Workshop, Minneapolis, MN, May 12-13, 1980, Miscellaneous Publication 8 49022, University of Minnesota, Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Norton, George W. & Coffey, Joseph D. & Frye, E. Berrier, 1984.
"Estimating Returns To Agricultural Research, Extension, And Teaching At The State Level,"
Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Norton, George W. & Coffey, Joseph D. & Frye, E. Berrier, 1984. "Estimating Returns to Agricultural Research, Extension, and Teaching at the State Level," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 121-128, July.
- Glenn Fox, 1985. "Is the United States Really Underinvesting in Agricultural Research?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(4), pages 806-812.
- Julian M. Alston & Brian H. Hurd, 1990. "Some Neglected Social Costs of Government Spending in Farm Programs," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(1), pages 149-156.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:nejare:28816. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.