Losing Sleep at the Market: Comment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lisa A. Kramer & Mark J. Kamstra & Maurice D. Levi, 2000.
"Losing Sleep at the Market: The Daylight Saving Anomaly,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 1005-1011, September.
- Kamstra, M.J. & Kramer, L.A. & Levi, M.D., 1998. "Losing Sleep at the Market: The Daylight-Savings Anomaly," Discussion Papers dp98-04, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Wang, Ko & Li, Yuming & Erickson, John, 1997. " A New Look at the Monday Effect," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 2171-2186, December.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Chang, Eric C. & Pinegar, J. Michael & Ravichandran, R., 1993. "International Evidence on the Robustness of the Day-of-the-Week Effect," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(04), pages 497-513, December.
- Connolly, Robert A., 1989. "An Examination of the Robustness of the Weekend Effect," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 133-169, June.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Kuehnle & Christoph Wunder, 2016.
"Using the Life Satisfaction Approach to Value Daylight Savings Time Transitions: Evidence from Britain and Germany,"
Journal of Happiness Studies,
Springer, vol. 17(6), pages 2293-2323, December.
- Daniel Kuehnle & Christoph Wunder, 2014. "Using the life satisfaction approach to value daylight savings time transitions. Evidence from Britain and Germany," Working Papers 156, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Daniel Kuehnle & Christoph Wunder, 2015. "Using the Life Satisfaction Approach to Value Daylight Savings Time Transitions: Evidence from Britain and Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 744, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Chou, Robin K. & Lin, Yueh-Hsiang, 2008. "Weather and intraday patterns in stock returns and trading activity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1754-1766, September.
- Steffen Meyer & Michaela Pagel, 2017. "Fresh Air Eases Work – The Effect of Air Quality on Individual Investor Activity," NBER Working Papers 24048, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dowling, Michael & Lucey, Brian M., 2005. "Weather, biorhythms, beliefs and stock returns--Some preliminary Irish evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 337-355.
- Jin, Lawrence & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2015. "Does Daylight Saving Time Really Make Us Sick?," IZA Discussion Papers 9088, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jacobsen, Ben & Marquering, Wessel, 2009. "Is it the weather? Response," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 583-587, March.
- Andrew C. Worthington, 2003.
"Losing Sleep At The Market: An Empirical Note On The Daylight Saving Anomaly In Australia,"
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 22(3), pages 85-95, September.
- Andrew C. Worthington, 2003. "Losing Sleep At The Market: An Empirical Note On The Daylight Saving Anomaly In Australia," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 22(4), pages 83-93, December.
- Andrew Worthington, 2003. "Losing sleep at the market: An empirical note on the daylight saving anomaly in Australia," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 146, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Jin, L. & Ziebarth, N.R., 2015.
"Sleep and Human Capital: Evidence from Daylight Saving Time,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
15/27, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Lawrence Jin & Nicolas Ziebarth, 2016. "Sleep and Human Capital: Evidence from Daylight Saving Time," Working Papers 160001, Canadian Centre for Health Economics.
- Dowling, Michael & Lucey, Brian M., 2008. "Robust global mood influences in equity pricing," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 145-164, April.
- Elisabete F. Simões Vieira, 2012. "Investor sentiment and market reaction: evidence on 2010 FIFA World Cup," International Journal of Economics and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 51-76.
- Andrew Worthington, 2003. "Business expectations and preferences regarding the introduction of daylight saving in Queensland," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 145, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Andrew Worthington, 2009. "An Empirical Note on Weather Effects in the Australian Stock Market," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 28(2), pages 148-154, June.
- Müller, Luisa & Schiereck, Dirk & Simpson, Marc W. & Voigt, Christian, 2009. "Daylight saving effect," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 127-138, April.
- Steigerwald, Douglas G & Conte, Marc, 2007. "Do Daylight-Saving Time Adjustments Really Impact Stock Returns?," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt3kd37630, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:92:y:2002:i:4:p:1251-1256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.