Access to Credit by Small Businesses: How Relevant Are Race, Ethnicity, and Gender?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cavalluzzo, Ken S & Cavalluzzo, Linda C, 1998. "Market Structure and Discrimination: The Case of Small Businesses," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(4), pages 771-792, November.
- Blanchard, Lloyd & Zhao, Bo & Yinger, John, 2008. "Do lenders discriminate against minority and woman entrepreneurs?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 467-497, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sunil Mitra Kumar, 2016. "Why does caste still influence access to agricultural credit?," WIDER Working Paper Series 086, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Max Nathan, 2013.
"Top Team Demographics, Innovation And Business Performance: Findings From English Firms And Cities, 2008-9,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa13p69, European Regional Science Association.
- Max Nathan, 2013. "Top Team Demographics, Innovation and Business Performance: Findings from English Firms and Cities 2008-9," SERC Discussion Papers 0129, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Giorgio Calcagnini & Germana Giombini & Elisa Lenti, 2015. "Gender Differences in Bank Loan Access: An Empirical Analysis," Italian Economic Journal: A Continuation of Rivista Italiana degli Economisti and Giornale degli Economisti, Springer;Società Italiana degli Economisti (Italian Economic Association), pages 193-217.
- Nathan, Max, 2013. "Top team demographics, innovation and business performance: findings from English firms and cities 2008-9," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59250, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:289-307 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bradley, Samantha R. & Gicheva, Dora & Hassell, Lydia & Link, Albert N., 2013. "Gender Differences in Access to Private Investment Funding to Support the Development of New Technologies," UNCG Economics Working Papers 13-9, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Smriti Sharma, 2016.
"Disadvantage and discrimination in self-employment: caste gaps in earnings in Indian small businesses,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, pages 325-346.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Smriti Sharma, 2016. "Disadvantage and discrimination in self-employment: caste gaps in earnings in Indian small businesses," Small Business Economics, Springer, pages 325-346.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Smriti Sharma, 2014. "Disadvantage And Discrimination In Self-Employment - Caste Gaps In Earnings In Indian Small Businesses," Working papers 236, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Sharma Smriti & Deshpande Ashwini, 2015. "Disadvantage and discrimination in self-employment: Caste gaps in earnings in Indian small businesses," WIDER Working Paper Series 067, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ashwini Deshpande & Smriti Sharma, 2015. "Disadvantage and Discrimination in Self-Employment: Caste Gaps in Earnings in Indian Small Businesses," Working Papers id:7534, eSocialSciences.
- Alex Bryson & Harald Dale-Olsen & Trygve Gulbrandsen, 2016.
"Family ownership, Workplace Closure and the Recession,"
DoQSS Working Papers
16-06, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Bryson, Alex & Dale-Olsen, Harald & Gulbrandsen, Trygve, 2016. "Family Ownership, Workplace Closure and the Recession," IZA Discussion Papers 9877, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:wly:jmoncb:v:48:y:2016:i:8:p:1691-1724 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rolando Gonzales & Gabriela Aguilera-Lizarazu & Andrea Rojas-Hosse & Patricia Aranda, 2016. "Preference for women but less preference for indigenous women: A lab-field experiment of loan discrimination in a developing economy," Working Papers PIERI 2016-24, PEP-PIERI.
- Steven Ongena & Alexander Popov, 2016. "Gender Bias and Credit Access," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(8), pages 1691-1724, December.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:102:y:2018:i:c:p:228-242 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cole, Rebel & Sokolyk, Tatyana, 2016. "Who needs credit and who gets credit? Evidence from the surveys of small business finances," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, pages 40-60.
- Daniel Lechmann & Claus Schnabel, 2012. "Why is there a gender earnings gap in self-employment? A decomposition analysis with German data," IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-25, December.
- Marios Michaelides, 2017. "Nascent Entrepreneurship and Race: Evidence from the GATE Experiment," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 02-2017, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Cole, Rebel & Sokolyk, Tatyana, 2016.
"Who needs credit and who gets credit? Evidence from the surveys of small business finances,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, pages 40-60.
- Cole, Rebel A., 2008. "Who needs credit and who gets credit? Evidence from the Surveys of Small Business Finances," MPRA Paper 24691, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Mar 2010.
- Claudia Piras & Andrea Filippo Presbitero & Roberta Rabellotti, 2013. "Definitions Matter: Measuring Gender Gaps in Firms' Access to Credit," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 90, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:31:y:2017:i:c:p:136-153 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pham, Tho & Talavera, Oleksandr, 2018.
"Discrimination, Social Capital, and Financial Constraints: The Case of Viet Nam,"
Elsevier, pages 228-242.
- Tho Pham & Oleksandr Talavera, 2017. "Discrimination, social capital, and financial constraints: The case of Viet Nam," WIDER Working Paper Series 067, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:102:y:2012:i:3:p:532-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.