The Value and Implementation of Health Education in Finland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nutbeam, Don, 2008. "The evolving concept of health literacy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2072-2078, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gerald Tompkins & Lynne F Forrest & Jean Adams, 2015. "Socio-Economic Differences in the Association between Self-Reported and Clinically Present Diabetes and Hypertension: Secondary Analysis of a Population-Based Cross-Sectional Study," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(10), pages 1-13, October.
- Hendrik Jürges & Eberhard Kruk & Steffen Reinhold, 2013.
"The effect of compulsory schooling on health—evidence from biomarkers,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 645-672, April.
- JÃ¼rges, Hendrik, 2009. "The effect of compulsory schooling on health - evidence from biomarkers," MEA discussion paper series 09183, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Hendrik Jürges & Eberhard Kruk & Steffen Reinhold, 2010. "The Effect of Compulsory Schooling on Health - Evidence from Biomarkers," CESifo Working Paper Series 3105, CESifo.
- Kristine Crondahl & Leena Eklund Karlsson, 2016. "The Nexus Between Health Literacy and Empowerment," SAGE Open, , vol. 6(2), pages 21582440166, April.
- Thomas, Elizabeth C. & Bass, Sarah Bauerle & Siminoff, Laura A., 2021. "Beyond rationality: Expanding the practice of shared decision making in modern medicine," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 277(C).
- Weishaar, Heide & Hurrelmann, Klaus & Okan, Orkan & Horn, Annett & Schaeffer, Doris, 2019. "Framing health literacy: A comparative analysis of national action plans," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 11-20.
- Angela J Dean & Kelly S Fielding & Fiona J Newton, 2016. "Community Knowledge about Water: Who Has Better Knowledge and Is This Associated with Water-Related Behaviors and Support for Water-Related Policies?," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(7), pages 1-18, July.
- René Rüegg & Thomas Abel, 2019. "The relationship between health literacy and health outcomes among male young adults: exploring confounding effects using decomposition analysis," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 64(4), pages 535-545, May.
- Kantapong Prabsangob, 2016. "Relationships of Health Literacy Diabetes Knowledge and Social Support to Self-Care Behavior among Type 2 Diabetic Patients," International Journal of Health and Medical Sciences, Mohammad A. H. Khan, vol. 2(3), pages 68-72.
- Lisa A. Durrant & James Taylor & Helen Thompson & Kim Usher & Debra Jackson, 2019. "Health literacy in pressure injury: Findings from a mixed‐methods study of community‐based patients and carers," Nursing & Health Sciences, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 21(1), pages 37-43, March.
- Astrid Austvoll-Dahlgren & Arild Bjørndal & Jan Odgaard-Jensen & Sølvi Helseth, 2012. "Evaluation of a Web Portal for Improving Public Access to Evidence-Based Health Information and Health Literacy Skills: A Pragmatic Trial," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(5), pages 1-11, May.
- Peltzer, Samia & Hellstern, Marc & Genske, Anna & Jünger, Saskia & Woopen, Christiane & Albus, Christian, 2020. "Health literacy in persons at risk of and patients with coronary heart disease: A systematic review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 245(C).
- Don Nutbeam, 2009. "Defining and measuring health literacy: what can we learn from literacy studies?," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 54(5), pages 303-305, October.
- Musharraf Cyan & Michael Price & Mark Rider, 2017. "A Health Literacy RCT toward Improvement of Programmatic Outcomes of Tuberculosis Control in the Tribal Areas of Pakistan Governance Support Program Post-Crisis," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1711, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Chinn, Deborah, 2011. "Critical health literacy: A review and critical analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 60-67, July.
- Wouters, Edwin & Van Damme, Wim & Van Loon, Francis & van Rensburg, Dingie & Meulemans, Herman, 2009. "Public-sector ART in the Free State Province, South Africa: Community support as an important determinant of outcome," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 1177-1185, October.
- Claudia Riesmeyer & Julia Hauswald & Marina Mergen, 2019. "(Un)Healthy Behavior? The Relationship between Media Literacy, Nutritional Behavior, and Self-Representation on Instagram," Media and Communication, Cogitatio Press, vol. 7(2), pages 160-168.
- Josefin Wångdahl & Per Lytsy & Lena Mårtensson & Ragnar Westerling, 2018. "Poor health and refraining from seeking healthcare are associated with comprehensive health literacy among refugees: a Swedish cross-sectional study," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 63(3), pages 409-419, April.
- Kenneth Lee & Kreshnik Hoti & Jeffery D Hughes & Lynne M Emmerton, 2014. "Interventions to Assist Health Consumers to Find Reliable Online Health Information: A Comprehensive Review," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(4), pages 1-9, April.
- Peta Harbour & Laurie Grealish, 2018. "Health literacy of the baby boomer generation and the implications for nursing," Journal of Clinical Nursing, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(19-20), pages 3472-3481, October.
- Seung Pil Lee, 2020. "Sustainable Reciprocity Mechanism of Social Initiatives in Sport: The Mediating Effect of Gratitude," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-18, November.
More about this item
Keywordshealth; health education; health promotion; health skills; health education teacher; caring teacherhood;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adm:journl:v:2:y:2013:i:12:p:46-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Staff ijSciences (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.